Keeping dogs out of the yard

here we go again...

Reply to
G Henslee

With 'attachments' of course.

Reply to
G Henslee

This is one of the most worn out topics I've seen in this group. And it always comes down to somebody who can't or won't (for whatever reason) talk to the human being that lives next door to them. Surely google groups has tons of archived posts on this.

Reply to
G Henslee

Greetings Charlie,

I have learned from being a landlord that many people with seemingly no balls or spine of any sort have a great capacity hidden within to become a victim through their own actions or inactions. Amazingly, the entire world always seems to come to their aid to combat the great evil causing them harm. If you were a certain class of tenant trying to solve this problem you would get a little pussy cat. You would want her to learn to be an outside cat but you wouldn't want her to run away so you would put her on a leash and leave her out there while you go inside and call the rental company. Tada! Before you know it you are the victim, your neighbor (who had no clue the dog is causing you a problem) is a scumbag, you never had to be honest with him about your feelings, and you still get to bang his wife. The world will reward you 100 times over the cost someone else paid for the kitty cat you "found abandoned and rescued". If you want the world to think you are entitled to greater rewards and millions of dollars you'll have to feed your child paint chips. If this idea bothers you you might instead develop a "disease" which causes you to smoke large amounts of crack cocaine while you are pregnant and then sue the doctor who apparently botched the premature delivery as your child's borderline-retardation IQ corroborates.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Sorry that you had to encounter the standard Usenet mini-flame, but your original post followed the standard formula for a spineless jellyfish posting (i.e. describe a problem with multiple, easy solutions and then one-by-one eliminate every reasonable solution). The most likely responses to such a posting are sarcasm, flames, and references to your relationship with your mother.

Reply to
QB3

Then there's plenty for you to slurp you old f***ot.

Reply to
G Henslee

Most everyone in the neighborhood has a fenced in yard. So, that means any stray dogs or more likely the dog next door find our yard a convenient place to do his business from time to time. I've thought of putting up a fence or even talking to the neighbor about his dog. Neither idea appeals to me.

Outside of doing any thing drastic, like shooting the dog, anyone have any ideas how to keep the dog(s) out without putting up a barrier.

Reply to
Charlie S.

Consider renting a scrotum to use while talking to the neighbor.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Good idea. Some nuts to put inside it might be nice. A spine would also complement the scrotum and nuts as well.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Yup, you always do that, don't you kaner?

Reply to
Pop

....>>

Nah, there's enough kaners cumming all over in here already.

Reply to
Pop

Try a couple of pounds of hot chili power and sprinkle liberally around the perimeter. You can get it in pound size from SAMS and maybe cheaper from a restaurant supply house. It works on a smaller scale to keep my dogs and cats out of areas I don't want them to go into.

Reply to
Vic Dura

Yeah, god forbid you talk to the neighbor about the situation. Wouldn't want to do something that drastic, huh?

What a f****ng galoot.

Reply to
Dan C

"Charlie S." wrote in news:4YsEe.1014$S72.637@trndny06:

I've seen ads for a ultrasonic pest repeller that claimed to have a setting for dogs/cats.Maybe Google would turn up something.

It might make every dog in the neighborhood howl,though.

Then there's motion detectors connected to your lawn sprinker system;every time an animal moves intot he forbidden zone,the sprinklers come on,soaking the animal.That one might be a lot of fun,especially if the owner is also in the zone. 8-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You are way off base with your reasoning. It's not for lack of courage that I'm not bringing this up to my neighbor. There are other personal issues I don't wish to discuss in this Usenet format.

Reply to
Charlie S.

Sorry, have only been here for a couple weeks. Will do a Google search.

Reply to
Charlie S.

Greetings,

We still want to know what you decided after doing your Google search and how it worked out for you. We especially want to know if after all of this you decided to think about it further for days on end until all the thought starts to look like doing nothing.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Should I? :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Sorry, I didn't realize you may be "meeting" with his wife on occasion and don't want to spoil that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There seems to be some things going on here that I don't know about, but here goes anyway.

If you know who's dog it is tell the owner to keep it out of your yard. Tell them to come and clean up after it or you will call Animal Control. Don't do anything to harm the dog. It's not his fault. After all, you can't blame him for not wanting to crap all over his own yard if he has a choice.

I had a problem with cats pooping on my lawn (no, I don't know who's cats they were). I got one of those motion detector spotlights and positioned it over the grass. I ran wires from one of the bulb sockets to a relay. The relay activated my automatic sprinklers. I had the motion detector light set to stay on for 5 minutes. No more cat poop on my lawn. !00% effective and I only spent about $15.

Reply to
Ulysses