Keeping dogs out of the yard

Page 1 of 5
Most everyone in the neighborhood has a fenced in yard. So, that means any stray dogs or more likely the dog next door find our yard a convenient place to do his business from time to time. I've thought of putting up a fence or even talking to the neighbor about his dog. Neither idea appeals to me.
Outside of doing any thing drastic, like shooting the dog, anyone have any ideas how to keep the dog(s) out without putting up a barrier.
Charlie S. wrote:

here we go again...

Yup, you always do that, don't you kaner?

Should I? :-)
....>>

already.
Pop wrote:

Then there's plenty for you to slurp you old faggot.
Greetings Charlie,
I have learned from being a landlord that many people with seemingly no balls or spine of any sort have a great capacity hidden within to become a victim through their own actions or inactions. Amazingly, the entire world always seems to come to their aid to combat the great evil causing them harm. If you were a certain class of tenant trying to solve this problem you would get a little pussy cat. You would want her to learn to be an outside cat but you wouldn't want her to run away so you would put her on a leash and leave her out there while you go inside and call the rental company. Tada! Before you know it you are the victim, your neighbor (who had no clue the dog is causing you a problem) is a scumbag, you never had to be honest with him about your feelings, and you still get to bang his wife. The world will reward you 100 times over the cost someone else paid for the kitty cat you "found abandoned and rescued". If you want the world to think you are entitled to greater rewards and millions of dollars you'll have to feed your child paint chips. If this idea bothers you you might instead develop a "disease" which causes you to smoke large amounts of crack cocaine while you are pregnant and then sue the doctor who apparently botched the premature delivery as your child's borderline-retardation IQ corroborates.
Hope this helps, William

Consider renting a scrotum to use while talking to the neighbor.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

With 'attachments' of course.
wrote in message

Good idea. Some nuts to put inside it might be nice. A spine would also complement the scrotum and nuts as well.
wrote in message

I'm not bringing this up to my neighbor. There are other personal issues I don't wish to discuss in this Usenet format.
Charlie S. wrote:

This is one of the most worn out topics I've seen in this group. And it always comes down to somebody who can't or won't (for whatever reason) talk to the human being that lives next door to them. Surely google groups has tons of archived posts on this.

Sorry, have only been here for a couple weeks. Will do a Google search.
Greetings,
We still want to know what you decided after doing your Google search and how it worked out for you. We especially want to know if after all of this you decided to think about it further for days on end until all the thought starts to look like doing nothing.
Hope this helps, William

Or just lack of practical thinking.
If the neighbors with the dog are Martians who would immediately snatch him and use his blood should he come to their door for a conversation, then the next best option is to go ahead and put up that fence.
Banty

Of course, he *might* have the type of neighbor who is utterly oblivious to the generally agreed upon rules of living in a civilized way. These animals *do* exist, and in most cases, they cannot be retrained, only controlled, much like their dogs.

True, true.
But that's one thing that's determined by a converstaion - no?
And, if that's the case, then one goes to other options: law enforcement if feasible (is there a leash law?), putting in that fence.
Banty

The OP suggested some vague reason for not having a conversation, and was hesitant to explain further.

I think town justices should give dog criminals a choice of:
1) Buy a fence for your neighbor, since you can't seem to control your vermin. The fence he wants will cost $4000.00 to install and you'll be in a holding cell until a family member or friend brings cash. Green cash money.
2) Lose your dog next time it's roaming the neighborhood, *and* you and your kids will watch it being put to death at the pound. Your grandkids, too, if you have any.
3) Put your arms behind your back so the bailiff can take you to jail. You'll need 30 days worth of reading material and a whole bunch of condoms (for your new girlfriends).
Hey...I'm funny about these things. This is why Henslee has been following me around the newsgroups for a while. I say the things he wants to, but is afraid to.

it took me a month but I shovelled up the poop and dropped it into the dog owners driveway, after a month of this, never saw poop in my yard again

That's a disgusting thing to do. I love it! :-) Dropping it onto their windshield wipers also works nicely.