Keeping car electronics alive while changing battery - homebrew approach?

Sounds like a niche market. CarMemKiller! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Yeah, then pay the dealer to hook up their proprietary programmer to reprogram all your car's options.

Reply to
salty

Then it doesn't sound much like an option.

You'll have to excuse this ol' geezer. I'm from a era when the car did what I want it to do, not the other way around.

nb

Reply to
notbob

You cain't even adjust the idle on yer car anymore. goodgawd....

And, fwiu, more and more parts are chip-coded, so fewer and fewer parts can be installed without installing the correct fukn drivers'n'shit....

Bend over, sheeple, spread, and then walk backwards.....

Reply to
Existential Angst

Rent cars for all your transportation. Always torch them after use.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

And I still have my antique portable radio that took 2 45v cells in series, but it was cheaper to use 10 9volt batteries in series. I don't think the 45 volt cells they make now come in alkaline flavor so they don't last very long.

Reply to
Tony

Most all home pc's used vacuum tubes until the last 5 or so years ago when they came out with LCD video monitors. They used one big vacuum tube, also known as a picture tube.

Reply to
Tony

I'd rather have the drivability and efficiency of EFI. I don't ever want to go back to the days when driving a flyweight deathtrap like a VW bug mean losing speed on hills, having a 0-60 of 35 seconds, and a top fuel economy of

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Hey, the Beetle was a very nice 1938 car! Of course, 40+ years later when they quit making it in Brazil or Mexico or wherever, not so much. But its genes live on in the rear-engine Porsches, and GM even cloned the VW/Porsche design for a few years as the Corvair. (Still pissed at Nader for killing that- the 3rd generation one could have been fantastic.)

Reply to
aemeijers

4runner and 2 vettes, although the vettes also have an unswitched pair of bare wires in the glove box. they're pretty tiny wires and are only rated for a few watts. used for cell phones or cb radios.
Reply to
chaniarts

MOST 1996 and newer (obd2 compliant) vehicles have at least one unswitched "dc power outlet".

Reply to
clare

The Rayovac I examined had 4 F cells wired together.

BTW, considering the letters, what about A? I know of AA, AAA, and AAAA(used in some 9v batteries) but no A.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd