Keeping calendars from curling on the wall

At the start of the year we all get wall calendars. Some are quite costly because they have nice artwork on them. They come pre-punched with one hole in the middle. We pound a small nail or brad in the wall and stick the single calendar hole on that nail. The calendar looks great.
Summer comes, the humidity sets in, and the top corners of the calendar curl toward the center. Soon, the artwork on the calendar cant be viewed at all. The thing looks ugly, and on some calendars, you have to uncurl it to see the date.
I dont know about anyone else, but I find this extremely annoying and irritating. The options seem to include either getting a small but strong hole punch, and punching two new holes near each corner. or simply driving nails thru the whole calendar near the top corners, and every month having to poke a new hole in the new page.
I tried paper clips, they seemed to help, but sooner or later the whole shebang would curl.
I am looking for suggestions that others have used to solve this problem. I did consider building a frame of sorts with a glass or plastic cover, that opens on hinges, but I have never been that ambitious to build one.
I am NOT looking for tips about changing the air in my house. I know that a dehumidifier would help, but I prefer fresh outdoor air in summer, and for the record, I have had the calendars curl in winter when I run a humidifier, which I need for health reasons.
Anyone have any useful tips?
Mark
While this is not a shattering problem to me I do find it VERY annoying when the calendar curls up and I can't see that part of the girls anatomy I'm interested in. If you have enough ambition you might try spraying the paper with a clear lacquer or acrylic. Seal the edge of the paper with clear tape. This should stop moisture from leaving or entering the paper. Do not spray in an enclosed area or you might forget WHY you have a calendar. McM
Xeno Chauvin wrote:

Get a couple of the binder combs the width of the calendar. You know the ones that are designed to be used with the machine the punches a bunch of square holes on the edge of the paper it is gong to hold. Then don't punch the calendar, just slide the comb over the top and bottom. It will hold them flat.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
There is a great invention out there that should solve your problem. It is called a "Thumb tack". One is placed in the two bottom corners and some times in the bottom center of the bottom . Muff

Just get a good quality calendar from A JohnHinde Calendar. Hard to find but well worth it and no curling, etc.
On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:51:23 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Billy Boy
To reply correct [at] and [dot]
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:56:40 -0400, Billy Boy <billyboy[at]comcast[dot]net> wrote:>Just get a good quality calendar from A JohnHinde Calendar. Hard to find but well worth it

Do they have one where she's holding a Fram Filter?

Would it be worth the modest expense to purchase a sheet of posterboard or that slightly heavier (and more expensive) foamboard stuff, the latter possibly from a frame shop? You would use aerosol spray adhesive to lay a nice thin coating on the board, and then drymount the calendar.
Art

But how would you turn the pages to the next month?
Jen

I was just thinking the same thing........ However, the guys suggestion did get me thinking about using that posterboard to make a frame of sorts and having a slot in the rear to hold the calendar in place. I suppose 1/4" plywood would work too, but there's still what to use in the back to hold it in place
Tis a crazy world we live in. We can send men to the moon but cant find an easy way to keep a calendar fom sagging and curling..... So much for technology !!!
Mark

So right!
Jen

Actually, calendar curling on the space shuttle was a big problem. It's only a matter of a few years before the NASA-contracted, Boeing-produced calendar holder spins off to the consumer market.

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 02:43:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Look in a stationery store for somethign with clear vinyl corners, or a whole vinyl edge where the paper slips into that. I think I've seen such things that go into 3-ring binders. You can cut off the 3 ring end if it doesn't suit your purposes. Sometimes the main part is viny on both sides with a piece of paper board welded inside. If your calendar is more than 11 inches wide, it may be hard to find.