Keeping birds off lawn-chair backs

I've got wooden Adirondack-type lawn chairs. The chair-backs, on the "passenger"-side, about shoulder height, are getting covered in bird poop from bird's perching on the top of the chair-back.

I'm looking for remedies. (Yeah, yeah, I know, get a cat, etc., etc.) I've thought about using small eye-screws atop each vertical slat and running wire through the eyes to ruin the perch-ability factor, but I'm a little concerned that introducing holes into the top of the slats will also introduce moisture, leading to rot. Any other ideas?

Jim Beaver

Reply to
Jim Beaver

attach a plastic owl in area this works on satellite dishes where birds can block signal

Reply to
hallerb

I noticed the local electic utility tried that on a local substation. One day I was walking by and noticed a bird perched on the head of the fake owl.

Reply to
George

George wrote in news:WsWdna-

2Sc4aHlbZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Use a product like Bird-B-Gone or Tanglefoot.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Equally effective, if not more so, and not requiring reapplication, Nixalite is what I recommend. Works fabulously against birds and squirrels (they have different permutations, depending on the application).

Install it once in the right place, and it works forever.

Reply to
KLS