Keeping a small tree upright while repotting?

I need to repot a small, living Christmas tree. I have repotted it before and I had trouble keeping it upright and centered in the pot. I need it to be upright and centered in the pot so that it will not blow over when the wind blows.
Is there a trick for doing this? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

Put the root ball on a piece of burlap laying flat on the ground, pick up the four corners of the burlap and lower the whole thing into the pot. Two people holding the corners will be able to keep the tree upright by raising or lowering a particular corner and bracing the tree branches with their shoulders.
βœ–
Daniel Prince wrote the following:

Is this going to be on the ground, or on a patio? If on the ground, dig a hole to accept the whole pot. That way the tree will stand as if it was directly planted in the ground. It will probably look better anyway.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Get a neighbor to hold the tree while you put the dirt in and water it.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You have been reported to the SPCA and the Humane Society. Just because he's only a poor little animal...!

Humans play with theirs much longer!
 His favorite are the ones that rattle.
Get him to the vet! Sounds like a serious medical condition.
 He'll play with any ball that makes noise.
Squishy noise, or...?
HB
Add pictures here
βœ–

Construct in advance a tripod 10 pct. taller than the tree (and accurate or symmetrical.) This will help you locate the treetop accurately in space when settling it into the pot.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 6/2/2011 3:13 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:

I don't quite understand...does the pot blow over, or does the tree come loose from the pot? Either way, the pot is probably too small. Either put it into larger pot or put it into the ground. A tomato cage or a simple stake will help support it whether in a pot or in the ground. Use something soft and flexible, like old nylon hosiery, to tie it to supports.
Add pictures here
βœ–

it blows over when you pot it or later?? if later pot is to small and the tree should be tied to something
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah, it's real difficult:
Have a helper hold the tree upright and centered while you fill the pot.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 3, 11:29 am, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

I told the OP to do that yesterday!!!!