Katrina'd Sawzall - Repairable?

My Sawzall got submerged by Katrina. When I tried it out it made a faint buzzing sound, as if trying to move, but didn't move at all. Is it worth repairing, and if so, what are some likely areas to check? (It was working perfectly previously.)
--
Jedd Haas - Artist - New Orleans, LA (Currently exiled on the NJ shore)
http://www.gallerytungsten.com
Jedd Haas wrote:

Hi, There is very good chance it will work again if you take it apart and clean/lubricate. Good luck.

Good chance it is gunked up with mud or silt and maybe corroded a bit. Probably bearings are either damaged, or will be damaged by anything in it. I'd take it apart, clean it, replace bearings and give it a try.
If you are talking about a genuine Milwaukee Sawzall, it is worth fixing. If it is a $29 copy cat recip saw, just toss it.

I've spent several hours and about thirty bucks on my Unisaw motor. Pulled it apart, flushed it, baked the field and rotor in an oven for six hours at 150F, replaced the bearings, capacitors, cleaned the centrifigul switch. Put it all back together and no go. pulls enough amperage to pop the breaker in about 5 seconds.
Also have a contractor saw, stock feeder, lathe motor, several thousand sheets of sand paper, and a bunch of other supplies that were submerged with the Unisaw. I think most of it is toast. Uninsured toast.
In your case I would pull the brushes and make sure they are free and connected and that the commutator is clean as a first step.

Are you going to try a rebuilder? What you said you did sounds about right but perhaps you missed something. We had a flood at work and took 18 motors (ranging from 3 hp to 75 hp) to a repair shop. Most took two days and every one works as good as new.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

if it is variable speed the trigger will be toast

Yes, I could have missed something. There are two in town, one is a Marathon authorized repair center. However, the Delta induction motor guy, (I used to work for Delta, he used to work for me, so I called him direct) thinks the field is open, would require a rewind and might cost more than a new motor. But I'll give it a shot, nothing ventured, nothing gained. This was a brand new Unisaw, had never been used. I took the rest of the saw apart and recovered it piece by piece. Down to the motor and the mag starter that are no good. (BTW, before you ask, I tried the motor with a known good starter)