Kahrs floow installation

I'm installing a Kahrs "Woodloc" floor (5/8" thick, interlocking, floating) in a kitchen. The "pro" instructions on the Kahrs website say that for a semi-wet location like a kitchen, the install should include a light sanding and application of a certain specified water-borne poly. That is, refinish a brand new floor! The reason is fill in the little cracks between pieces with the new poly.
Does anybody out there have experience with Kahrs Woodloc in a kitchen, and has anybody actually done this "refinishing" on a new installation?
Thanks,
Rex

I put a wood floor down in my last home. I would NEVER put it in a kitchen again. Just to many headaches. I lightly sanded my floor and then put a satin poly on it. My application had 2 older dogs. Sealed the floor nicely. However the kitchen area when spills or accidents happen I was always worried about the edges. (water going underneath). I used a silicone bath caulk in the kitchen but was never really pleased with the idea of what happens if the sink leaks, which 3-4 years later it did.
Good luck with your project
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

by light sanding they mean just roughing up the surface. I have installed plenty of Kahrs and thats a new one though. More coats of finish is not a bad thing.
Look into a different floor
Scuff sanding between coats is standard for varnishes as it doesn't adhere well without.