KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

I think that would also include the doghouse.

Real story. A friend of mine had a knock at his door, it was the police. He lives in a crime section of a city, and the cop was there to tell him that code enforcement required insulation in his dog's doghouse.

Time might have been better spend casing drug dealers, and gun runners.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That NFPA site is interesting, though hard to navigate.

I notice there are an average of 156,600 fires per year caused by cooking, with 400 fatalities.

If all of the gas leak fires involved explosions, that would still be only 3280 a year or 2% of the total.

Being scarey doesn't always equate to being the largest real risk.

Reply to
TimR

You can smell Pete C.

Reply to
krw

And there you have it. The idiot DerbyDad shows what a moron he is by defending another moron. The lefty morons do flock together.

Only because it's true. I can't help it if you don't like others to be called what they are. He is a lefty, liar, and an idiot. You two share a lot of attributes.

...until someone pointed out the facts of the case, sure.

Reply to
krw

As does Vermont. CO detectors, too.

Reply to
krw

Those heat pump thingies are already in use. They work so well that I have two in each house. ;-)

Reply to
krw

TimR wrote in news:b8e575fd-70b5-4cbd-9021- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

No, of course not. But we've been through this before. Pete C is a kook, with some sort of bias against natural gas, that leads him to make up phony statistics. He does this every couple of years, it seems. I don't think he ever answered my question about whether he's a personal- injury lawyer. If you Google on "natural gas explosion statistics" you'll find law firms much more easily than you'll find actual statistics.

So maybe that explains why Pete C is so eager to overstate the hazard?

Reply to
Doug Miller

How did the cop know that there was no insulation in the dog house? o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Michigan requires them only when a dwelling is built or renovated. We have a CO detector, but under the law we're not required to. I'm surprised they don't require them for sale, but we don't have to get a Certificate of Occupancy to transfer deed, so there's really no way to enforce it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

What an ass. In lots of places, the firemen and EMS are volunteeers, not union members. Right here in my town in NJ, they are volunteers. And nobody asks your party affiliation when you join a union or the armed forces.

Reply to
trader4

Nice try to hijack this thread but... they use GAS to cook the burgers. So there! Neener, neener, neener!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Well I'm certainly not having another one.

Reply to
micky

It's the Illuminati who cover it up. That's how they got started. They're in favor of gas, no matter what the risk, because.....get this..... it illuminates.

Since their start, they've taken over the whole government of the US and many other countries, primarily to cover up gas explosions.

Reply to
micky
50,000 peopledieyearly in traffic accidents, let alone all that get injured.

yet cars are not prohibited

Reply to
bob haller

Didn't occur to me to ask. Now, that would be a good thing to know.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Was the dog house heated with natural gas?

Reply to
Larry W

For the sake of clarity the driver should be explicitly included in that list.

Reply to
Larry W

Ed and the cop did joke about that concept. I guess it would had to explode 4,000 times a year to qualify.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But 2110 + 1170 = 3280, not 4000 that it was rounded to for dramatic effect. Nor does it come close to electrical fires (see link in my other post)

Home electrical fires account for an estimated 51,000 fires each year, nearly than 500 deaths, more than 1,400 injuries, and $1.3 billion in property damage. - See more at:

Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:i62dnTawoJBnMy7PnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Even more to the point, that's 3280 *fires*. Pete falsely claims 4000+ *explosions*.

Reply to
Doug Miller