KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

You have provided no cites, I have. Go back to your mother's basement and jerk off troll.

Reply to
Pete C.

I never suggested electric resistive heating was recommended. Heat pumps, air or ground source, are around 4X the efficiency of resistive heat.

Reply to
Pete C.

Mandate? F that. I'd destroy the thing out of spite.

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

Geothermal heat pumps work very efficiently in nearly every climate. Air source heat pumps are only for moderate climates, but are cheaper to install than geothermal. You need to take another look for up to date information.

Hardly, it's very effective in moderate climates, and even in more severe climates it's still effective at reducing the costs of heating overall even if it can't provide 100%.

All throughout the northeast, northwest and various other areas. There are many thousands who heat exclusively with wood.

That varies of course. With the current NG glut oil is more per BTU, but in the northeast where a large percentage of the population doesn't have NG service available at all, the options are oil, LP, electric (resistive or geothermal heat pump), or wood.

Reply to
Pete C.

Asshole, *YOU* are the one who is making absurd claims. It is *YOU* who owes the world the evidence to back it up.

Nah, that's the job of you lefty liars. My mother is dead, asshole.

Reply to
krw

How many people die mining coal or in the electric industry, yearly, moron? You really are a dumbshit lefty.

Reply to
krw

Geothermal will not work where I live. A heat pump will not get my house to a comfortable temperature. As I stated, cooling...maybe. I also stated economical, not "if" possible.

Solar works only when their is adequate sun light. Getting a range to work off of solar, or geothermal, = impossible

Yes. I *used* to be one of those types. Hell, I even lived 100% off grid for awhile. Convenience is never underated by me.

Oil, though functional, is something I let those in the Northeast worry about. They get screwed every winter. I like that sometimes. Yanks irk me at times. :-)

Oil still cost too much.

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

Can't do that. Some one on Usenet said it would blow up your house, like 4,000 others every year.

Other than one or two news paper reports from years ago, I can't say as I've heard of one.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are rapidly losing credibility.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wonder how that works out, for cities in NYS? Albany, Syracuse, Binghamton, etc.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Safer than electricity

Ed Pawlowski

Did you read it Looks like four years to me, plus you math is wrong. U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated annual average of 2,110 home* structure fires in which natural gas was the type of material first ignited and 1,170 in which material ignited was LP-Gas in 2003-2007.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If we lower the highway speed limits nationwide by 20 MPH, we'll save lives.

And if we lower the speed limits another 20 MPH, we'll save even more lives.

Heck, let's lower all speed limits to 15 MPH so virtually no one is ever injured in a car.

Think of the children, aren't their precious little lives worth it?

Reply to
Gustavus

Note the words "average annual".

It's poorly written, but it looks like they mean that over the period from

2003-2007 the _average annual_ number of fires was 2110 + 1170.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

And there it is folks...krw's version of the hat trick.

He finally got all three of his favorite words into the thread: liar, lefty and idiot.

It was only a matter of time.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You can't smell an electrical leak. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Most homes don't have wheels, well some of them do if the wheels aren't removed when they're setup. RV's bounce up and down the road when they travel so vibration and G forces affect the gas equipment them. That doesn't happen with a fixed home unless you're in an earthquake belt where the gas meters will automatically shut off if pipes are broken.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My aunt's home back in the 50's was a modern "Total Electric Home" that had built in electric wall heaters in every room. I still don't have my own nuclear reactor under the house along with my flying car in the driveway. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Alabama Gas sold and installed natural gas powered air conditioners here in the state years ago and I knew a guy who still had one back in the

90's. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Its news client gives it away as does its writing style. Now it's using "YouraPeon" here and in other groups. P.L.L.C.F. are so goofy. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas