KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Page 7 of 10
Doug Miller wrote:

3,280 my recollection was close enough since the last time I looked it up was in 2010.

Where does it say "explosions", Pete?
Nowhere.
It says "fires".

Even giving you the rather substantial "rounding error", there is still the thing about five years instead of only one. That in any situation qualifies as pulling a stat out of your ass.
but what they conceal is vital."

Read it again. It says "annual average".
They were giving an "annual average" over the period 2003-2007.
I wonder why so many people missed that.
On 12/18/2013 11:44 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Nice link, but it relates to fires from cooking. I guess you could not find anything about the 4,000 gas explosions per year?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/18/2013 11:44 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Nice link, but it relates to fires from cooking. I guess you could not find anything about the 4,000 gas explosions per year?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
On 12/18/2013 11:44 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Nice link, but it relates to fires from cooking. I guess you could not find anything about the 4,000 gas explosions per year?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus

You're a liar.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/research/fact%20sheets/gasfactsheet.pdf

Proving, once again, that you're a liar. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Proving once again that you have no reading comprehension, nor science comprehension.

Proving once again that you're a lefty loon. Lying is your only mode.
On 12/18/2013 03:39 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Only 77 deaths? That's nothing!
Falling is the leading cause of home injury deaths; it claims nearly 6,000 lives per year. Maybe we should all wear air bag suits...sort of like the Michelin man.
http://realestate.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid "436364
Rich Phallus wrote:

I didn't say it was a leading cause of deaths. It is a significant hazard, and if you are one of the ~9 daily victims of a gas fueled fire/explosion and loose your home, you'll consider it a significant hazard as well.
On 12/18/2013 08:46 PM, Pete C. wrote:

If we lower the highway speed limits nationwide by 20 MPH, we'll save lives.
And if we lower the speed limits another 20 MPH, we'll save even more lives.
Heck, let's lower all speed limits to 15 MPH so virtually no one is ever injured in a car.
Think of the children, aren't their precious little lives worth it?
On 12/18/2013 10:54 PM, Gustavus wrote:

All persons, including adults, need to wear helmets, protective padding, and be in rear facing car seats while going 15 MPH.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

For the sake of clarity the driver should be explicitly included in that list.

Like the man said, Pete -- you're a liar. That talks about *fires*.
The stuff about explosions, you just made up.
Doug Miller wrote:

Nope, you just don't like the facts so you call me names. The fact is that an independent source confirms exactly what I said. Even a couple seconds of delayed ignition in a gas furnace results in a (small) explosion. A gas leak that has to travel any distance before it reaches an ignition source will certainly produce an explosion of some varying size. That one last year was so large it killed the neighbor's and left only a crater where the subject house used to be.

You're lying *again*. The *fact* is that the source you cited does *not* confirm what you said. You claimed 4000+ explosions. Not fires.