KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Great conspiracy that covers this up....

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b122a4$0$47940$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

More bullshit. It's still marketed as safe:

"safe and reliable ... clean-burning"

Reply to
Doug Miller

Now more people get tonsil stones. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'll be damned if I'll pay for electricity to heat my house. Bring on the explosions!

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

If you've ever wondered why rigid electrical conduit is so much like the pipe used for plumbing, think about what happened many years ago when folks switched from gas lighting to electric lights. The wire was probably pulled in through the gas pipes to the converted gas light fixtures. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There is nothing safe about gas:

Pete C.

Here is one of their reports:

They reorganized their site and it's a bit difficult to find things now. There should be a gashomefactsheet.pdf and a gasnonhomefactsheet.pdf out there as well.

Reply to
Pete C.

They reorganized their site and their search engine sucks. There should also be gashomefactsheet.pdf and gasnonhomefactsheet.pdf out there as well.

Reply to
Pete C.

Try a heat pump (air source or geothermal depending on your region), solar, wood or oil for heat, none of which have any propensity of leveling the neighborhood.

Reply to
Pete C.

Try again:

Pete C.

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b1cffc$0$47853$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

Hmmm... that shows a total of 3380 fires in a five-year period. That's a long way from your bullshit claim of 4000+ explosions per year.

3380 fires in 5 years = 676 per year. In a nation with a population of over 300 million.

Total of 77 fatalities = 15 per year, which makes gas safer than swimming or climbing ladders.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b1d042$0$47758$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

And it doesn't show "4000+ residential gas explosions per year", does it?

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b1d0a7$0$47758$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

That doesn't support your bullshit claim of "4000+ residential gas explosions per year".

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b1d101$0$47786$ snipped-for-privacy@ngroups.net:

*You* try again.

Where does that say "4000+ residential gas explosions per year", Pete? Nowhere.

Because that claim is bullshit. That document shows 3380 *fires* (not explosions) in a *five year* period. Not 4000 explosions. Not per year.

Like I said: you can't something that isn't there.

Are you a personal injury lawyer, by any chance?

Reply to
Doug Miller

3,280 my recollection was close enough since the last time I looked it up was in 2010.
Reply to
Pete C.

3,280 give or take, nearly 9 per day on average. Close enough given the last time I looked it up was in 2010.
Reply to
Pete C.

They don't differentiate fires with or without explosions. As well all know, most gas incidents start with a leak and it takes some time before the gas finds an ignition source, so it is quite reasonable to presume that most of those incidents included an explosion of some size.

Reply to
Pete C.

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b1d911$0$13735$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

Where does it say "explosions", Pete?

Nowhere.

It says "fires".

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b1d95c$0$47920$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

Where does it say "explosions", Pete?

Nowhere.

It says "fires".

Reply to
Doug Miller

Swimming pools, hell, that makes gas heat safer than 5-gallon buckets (somewhere between 10 and 40 drown in 5-gallon buckets each year).

Reply to
krw