KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Page 1 of 10
At 2:30am the house shook like it would from a sonic boom and it turned out to be a gas explosion in a neighborhood within a mile from me. It destroyed a two story brick apartment building containing two families and several children were sent to Childrens Hospital and several adults to another hospital. The report is that two adults are unaccounted for. The explosion leveled the building sending bricks into the air striking other buildings and breaking a lot of windows. I think somebody was messing with a gas line, trying to get a gas heater working then winding up with a gas leak. o_O
TDD

hurt. But, it sounds like they were.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/17/2013 7:03 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Listening to the radio this morning it was just reported that someone may be trapped in the debris. I'm sure there will be pictures and I should check the local TV news to see what they have on it. I called a morning radio talk show and told them about how the house shook at 2:30am leading me to believe it was a sonic boom from a jet and it was a BOOM! alright. O_o
TDD
as a child a nearby home exploded, i was at school aways away it sounded like a sonic boom. when i got home from schoold debris were in our yard. the homes location is still a vacant lot. this was amnor explosion.
in crafton pa gas workers managed to cause a major explosion with a bunch of people killed, it was a big event. I liked to watch the crews working, luckily i wasnt there that day...
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Hardly a day goes by without a gas explosion somewhere in the US during heating season, and even outside heating season they seem to be at least monthly. Gas simply isn't safe for residential use, and is even dangerous in industrial settings - recall the gas pipeline explosion in CA, the gas explosion at the power plant under construction in CT, a gas pipeline explosion under and apt building in NJ I think it was, etc.
On 12/17/2013 8:41 AM, Pete C. wrote: ...

Nonsense. It does require a certain level of care, however, but so does electricity and any other energy source. Consider the number of residences and miles of pipeline that _didn't_ "go boom".
All of the incidents you describe were the result of an error of commission or omission -- lack of maintenance is certainly a problem that needs addressing on older lines, that is true.

On 12/17/2013 8:52 AM, dpb wrote:

5 children and 3 adults have been injured and are hospitalized. 1 woman was found dead in the rubble. I feel for the poor folks especially the children. I don't like it when children are hurt. o_O
TDD

Bad things sometimes happen to good (or at least innocent in the present circumstances) people....then again a 13 yo died (or is braindead altho still on ventilator last I heard) after a "routine" tonsillectomy in LA area just the other day.
While unfortunate, do we now not do any more tonsillectomies?

On 12-17-2013, 16:04, dpb wrote:

We do far fewer than we used to. Not because they are dangerous, but because they are usually unnecessary.
--
Wes Groleau

Answer not a fool according to his folly,
On 12/17/2013 11:27 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

Now more people get tonsil stones. ^_^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLStX-t4tqI

TDD

Well I'm certainly not having another one.
On 12/17/2013 9:41 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Safe is, as safe does. I'd not cancel all gas service because a few people are unsafe. Any more than I'd outlaw guns because a few people rob banks.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Do some research before you blurt out statements like "Gas simply isn't safe for residential use, and is even dangerous in industrial settings." Give us some facts, not opinions. Nothing is 100% safe.

Bullshit.

Just ignore him. "Pete C" is a well-known Usenet kook who happens to have a "thing" about the supposed grave hazards of natural gas. He's been spouting the same garbage for years. Hardly anyone takes him seriously.
Doug Miller wrote:

Just search the reports. I posted the actual stats from NFPA or some such some time ago and it was something like 4,000+ residential gas explosions per year.
On 12/17/2013 10:23 PM, Pete C. wrote:

I don't care. I am not giving up NG to get fleeced by the power company.
On 12/17/2013 11:23 PM, Pete C. wrote:

In my half century of life, I can only remember one hearing about a residential gas explosion. And that was a suicide. If memory serves.
With 4,000 a year, you'd think a couple would be within the range of my news and information radio.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Bullshit.
4,000 per year = about 1per 80,000 population per year in the U.S. -- which would translate to about 20 gas explosions per year in metropolitan Indianapolis where I live, or roughly one every two and a half weeks.
That doesn't happen, Pete.

Great conspiracy that covers this up....
but what they conceal is vital.

It's the Illuminati who cover it up. That's how they got started. They're in favor of gas, no matter what the risk, because.....get this..... it illuminates.
Since their start, they've taken over the whole government of the US and many other countries, primarily to cover up gas explosions.