just wondering

I know I'm a Luddite, and it is probably a moot point anyway since I'll never be able to afford a new-construction house, but I still don't trust OSB for subfloor or roof decking, or corner sheathing. It just looks and feels wrong. I suppose it is okay for the web in engineered joists, which seem to be the modern standard, but anything facing the weather, I want real plywood.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

or do nothing at all..Depends on the builder

Reply to
Rudy

Cover it with a tarp? A sheet of plastic will do, it is good insurance to have a roll on hand just in case. Getting ply wet for an extended period of time will weaken it, possibly it will fall apart.

Reply to
Phisherman

I used PT against the concrete floor. Most PT 2x4s are soaked in chemical and as they dry they split, warp and twist and introduce internal stress. Horrible stuff as it dries.

Reply to
Phisherman

For internal use it is approved ONLY for sills in contact with concrete.

Reply to
clare