Just some pool repair hints I picked up.

Got a leaking pool float, toy, etc.? Too cheap to buy a new one while the old one is still good enough for another season or two? I found the best thing to use for finding the smallest hole is the kids bubble blowing liquid diluted with some water sprayed from an unused spray bottle. The bubbles grow big around the leak. Once you find the hole, you can use clear silicone caulk to plug the leak for a permanent and cheaper solution. The silicone is especially useful for leaks around the welded seams where a patch wouldn't lay flat enough to seal the leak. I used the same silicone to fix leaks in the water bags that hold the winter cover down on an inground pool, including around the filler hole. They lasted for years until I changed from water bags to the spring loaded mesh cover. I haven't tried an underwater leak. I haven't had one yet, but...
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

re: I haven't tried an underwater leak. I haven't had one yet, but...
I'm guessing you'd have trouble spraying the bubble solution underwater.