just remodeled bathroom- put in new sink, shower, tub.. but sink takes longer to get hot water, why?

Hi, just had a bathroom remodeled.. Prior to this, the old sink would get real hot fast. few secs.. Now it takes approximately 35 secs to get hot... I checked the shower and tub they got hot real fast... The shower has 3 new jets.. I have not used the shower yet as it does not have a door, brand new and I havent used the tub either. Could this slow getting hot water to bathroom faucset be because I have not used the shower on a regular basis???
The other batrhoom on same floor gets hot fast. Thanks

Check the size of the supply lines...probably way too small. Any restriction reduces volume.
Joe

thanks im not a plumber. but bathroom is already tiled. when i look under the vanity where the plumbing is, is that where the supply lines are? thanks

oh, that could be it.. i never new about low flow.. this are brand new faucets...
On Sun, 15 May 2011 08:09:27 -0700 (PDT), KOS

Make sure the valve underneath the sink is all the way on/open.

..
OP could install a mini electric water heater a point of use type if the delay causes real grief

Unless they seriously rerouted the pipes such that there is an additional 35 secs of travel time, I'd guess you've been upgraded to a low-flow faucet. Since the water is not traveling as fast out of the faucet, it's traveling a lot slower in the pipes.
Still, going from "a few seconds" to 35 seconds seems like a major change, unless your old faucet had hydrant-like output.

old faucet was an old american standard from the 1950s..

In addition to all the excellent advice already offered, take the aerator off the faucet for a test run. It may have clogged with sediment the first time it was used. Not easy but a needle can clear the holes.

You are going to get about 1/4 to 1/2 the flow of that old faucet.
--
Colbyt

nothing clogged, what do you mean 25 to 50 [percent the flow, i dont undersstand what your saying
On 05/15/2011 09:08 PM, KOS wrote:

http://www.energysavers.gov/your_home/water_heating/index.cfm/mytopic 050
Federal regulations mandate that ... new faucet flow rates can't exceed 2.5 gpm at 80 psi or 2.2 gpm at 60 psi.
your old faucet probably flowed more. You haven't substantially changed the volume of water in the piping between the water heater outlet and the sink. So it takes longer for the hot water to arrive when you haven't used the faucet in a while.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

nothing clogged, what do you mean 25 to 50 [percent the flow, i dont undersstand what your saying
Nate and Bill answered correctly.

re: Not easy but a needle can clear the holes.
So can blowing the aerator out in the opposite direction with an air hose or a jet of water.
You just have to make sure you don't blow the screen out and lose it.
On Sun, 15 May 2011 19:47:30 -0700 (PDT), Erin Marulli

I hate to recommend replace rather than repair, and I haen't looked but I think you can also buy a new screen at a real hardware store, like ACE. You may have to buy a package of 10! It's real but not that real. You can give them to your friends, become Johnny FaucetScreen.