Just cut 30-foot tall 1.5 foot diameter oak (how long to dry out?)

I'll make it easy for the number-crunching part of your brain.

Split half of it now and half when it has dried. Then you'll know which you prefer, you'll have accrued half of the benefit whichever way proves easier, and we'll be saved from the insufferable poll taking.

RicodJour

Despite your unerring wit, I think that's a GREAT idea!

Reply to
arkland

Not here. Although, with a 26 ton splitter, I really don't notice any difference. None of it is hard to split. The dry does pop and fly more than the wet, though.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Reply to
Steve B

I thought that might appeal to your half split wit.

RicodJour

Not in my experience. Dry, especially straight grained like oak, just pops apart. Wet wood tends to be stringier and stops the maul. IMO, frozen is best, dry close, wet can be nasty, unless you have a powered splitter.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski