Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink ...

Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink. We ripped the old copper drainpipe out maybe 4 years ago, installed ~ 5' of pvc.
Drain runs slow. Works, but obviously only 2/3 of capacity. I start with bakg soda and vinegar, then some crystal Drano, then the pot of boiling water, then the plunger. No noticable effect.
Any ideas?
TIA, P

the flat section of line after the trap is likely sluged up. why not take it apart and check or use a low cost snake to clean it out.......
my best friend had a problem like yours, he called a plumber, the flat area of the line was smaller than a pencil......
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:53:07 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"
wrote:

Wasn't always slow. The stuff I tried this time worked last time.
Damned True Value snake won't even fit thru my drain. A little Zip unclogger brought up very little slime.
If it gets a bunch worse, I'll rent a real snake.
Thanks, P
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 20:37:10 -0500, Puddin' Man

Yes, a snake. Sometimes you get a clog that the chemicals just won't move. Put a real wire snake down there and find it. The chemicals are AOK for the trap, but the clog may be a few feet down the line.

Our bathtub drains slowly after some 6 or more months of regular use. No kids, no long hair. Snaking doesn't help, Drano-like stuff doesn't help much either. There is a long stretch of horizontal pipe in the floor that I should have had replaced when the kitchen ceiling was open - it has ~3 stretches of different materials of pipe. Sludge accumulates in the pipes. The best way to remove it is to block all opening and run water, then do some heavy duty plunging to loosen and flush the stuff.
--
Best regards
Han

Does it flow slow from the get-go, If not how much water has to go down the drain before it slows down or stops? The volume should tell you how far down the pipe you may have a blockage.
One of the more useful tools for clogged pipes are drill operated drain snakes http://compare.ebay.com/like/160754496907?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar The smaller ones that can be run with a drill are inexpensive and will address 70+% of the problems For the rest just rent a professional one http://compare.ebay.com/like/320833042627?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar They come with removable heads to attack different problems These will clean out 2" or bigger pipe They can even chop up rootlets invading the run to the sewer
Alternately, your drain pipe may just be clogged with gunk on the sidewalls
My parents old house, Dad used to have to use a drain snake every few years, to cut through the grease build up. You may have to do the same.