Just a question

Would it cost a lot to bullet proof my house?

Reply to
Rose

And people wonder whether guns are out of control.

Reply to
CJT

And then there's a few who wonder if idiots haven't become too prevalent, and bred (and voted) a tad too often. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Call them, ask for a price quote. Let us know and hurry before BeeHO pushes legislation through Congress to outlaw it.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You are laughable.

Reply to
Bob F

Thank you, I find reality to be quite humorous. I'm glad I could entertain you. Be well.

TDD

Have you hugged a terrorist today?

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You mean like the guy who voted "a couple times"?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

While you can do some things to secure against most bullets, there's always a bigger gun.

Your best bet is a two-fold strategy: Secure your home, of course, but also preemptively kill those who might shoot at you before they get the chance to do so.

Reply to
HeyBub

.....vs. moving out of the country?

Look into it.

Olddog (voted Obama)

Reply to
retired54

Guns are fine. Criminals are out of control.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm so looking forward to Obama transforming the violence that is so prevalent in black communities across this country (Peace, Hope, Love and Unity)...the way he demonstrated he could do in Chicago. Oops....Chicago is the black on black killing capitol of the country, isn't it? Sounds real eloquent though. Talk is cheap. We want to see action.

I suppose in an effort to clean up said black youth behavior (drive-bys, etc) he'll want to push to ban all white people the right to bear arms (you know the theory....guns kill people....people don't).

-----Original Message----- From: Stormin Mormon [mailto:cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com] Posted At: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:40 AM Posted To: alt.home.repair Conversation: Just a question Subject: Re: Just a question

Guns are fine. Criminals are out of control.

-- Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

.

And people wonder whether guns are out of control.

-- The e-mail address in our reply-to line is reversed in an attempt to minimize spam. Our true address is of the form snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG -

11/5/2008 7:17 AM
Reply to
Coleah

Why not move and live somewhere where bullets are not a problem?

Oh. BTW if only one gun in say 10,000 is ever fired at another human in anger?.

If there are say 10 million guns that's, 10,000 shootings; right?

If there are say 100 million guns that's 100,000 shootings?

If there were very few guns and limited access to them there would be even fewer shootings; right?

Thank goodness I live where there are so few that we don't even discuss it. I'm pretty sure myself and my five immediate neighbours don't own any guns at all. Although one of them mentioned he has an old (military arm converted to a hunting rifle) somewhere. I've never seen it although he commented a couple of years ago he would show it to me sometime. Apparently many years ago he once or twice used it for licensed moose hunting.

Reply to
terry

issue with 1/1000th of Obama's scope and understanding.

What he would do, if he can find the money (hint: Iraq) is deal with disadvantaged youth (of any color) BEFORE they become throwaways and get sucked into gangs.

(Caveat: Some of these gangs, based in neighbor countries, are full-fledged armies that actively recruit gullible, frightened, or would-be macho kids. They must be taught that they defy the law at their peril.)

So do we save kids before it's too late? OK, let's start with pre-natal care, post-natal care, nutrition counseling for often ignorant parents, well-trained home visitors, not just bureaucrats who couldn't get a job anywhere else. And most of all, GOOD schools from pre-school through high school taught by GOOD teachers.

( In Calif. which used to be at the top, our schools are in the toilet. Inexperienced teachers, some of whom should never have been hired in the first place, are thrust into ghetto schools that are hard to control even by an experienced teacher.)

Funny how we have money to build giant new sports stadiums, but somehow can't find the money to build well-designed schools in the areas that need them most!

Kids that grow up thinking there is no world beyond their block; who grow up in a drug/alcohol/crime home -- they're the ones who can be caught early and given the BEST education and BEST after-school activities. Oh, you say, but it's expensive. Not as expensive as imprisoning a young felon for 'n' years, after which he comes out with a PhD in crime, and ends up back in prison all too soon. Check out the cost of a year of prison vs. a year of school. It's a national shame!

Prevention, whether in health or in social adjustment, is ALWAYS much cheaper trying to cure the often incurable.

Would be great if the example of Obama could jumpstart the social programs needed EARLY in a disadvantaged child's life.

Reply to
apn96970

Wrong! Only the law abiding would disarm.

Why are there no killings in a place where everyone is armed...gun show and killings all the time in a place where there are no guns...prison?

I prefer to make the cost of doing business to high for crooks to set up shop in my neighborhood.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Oooooo! that hurts so much.

Have you tried using your brain today?

Reply to
Bob F

I like the Porpoise Metaphor.

No one doubts that the porpoise is a friend of man. This we know because ever since man has gone down to the sea in ships, some of these men have fallen overboard. A passing porpoise, recognizing man is a land animal, has towed the hapless sailor to the nearest shore. Countless examples of this selfless act have been recorded in the annals of the sea. What greater proof could there be?

What we don't hear about is all those cases where the porpoise towed the sailor farther out in the ocean!

We hear about all the crimes and tragedies committed with guns - as well we should. What we don't hear about are all the badness prevented by the presence of a firearm! I, myself, have drawn my gun three times in the past eight years (twice in a Home Depot parking lot), when threatened by a possible criminal.

I haven't been towed out to sea yet.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:22:54 -0600, Andy Asberry wrote Re Re: Just a question:

That's been true in the past, but I have a feeling that is going to change in the next 20 or 30 years.

More and more people in the U.S. are starting to recognize the "extra-legal" nature of federal government; i.e. the Feds ignore any laws that they find inconvenient or politically and/or economically expedient to ignore. A good example is the immigration laws.

Americans are rapidly abandoning the "..we have to obey the law.." philosophy that was prevalent 30 or 40 years ago. It's all part of the general and pervasive decline in morality and civility in America.

Take a look around you.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I like your metaphor. I've had my concealed gun protect me twice from a potentially deadly situation. Both times I didn't even need to draw; I just had to allow the other guy to see it was there. Nobody's gotten hurt yet... most importantly, ME!

I've had a gun protect my ex-wife from a guy up to no good. Nobody got hurt in that situation either. She didn't have to point it either; just let him know she had it and he took off. None of these events were ever reported to the law.

I don't want to hurt anybody but I'll be damned if I'm going to let somebody hurt me. And I'm not comfortable with the idea of hoping he'll let me go after I give him what he wants. Too many cooperative victims get killed around here.

"Say hello to my little friend!" A gun trumps a bigger guy; it trumps a knife; it trumps a baseball bat; it even trumps another gun if the perp is unwilling to risk getting killed.

And yes, I carry my concealed weapon legally.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Rose wrote in news:8828f156-e264-44ca-9073- snipped-for-privacy@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

Billy Mays has a Bullet Proof Your House kit. It's 3 EASY payments so don't worry. It's worth it because he says it's amazing and a miracle.

Reply to
Red Green