Just a heads up ; Lowes carrys a Water Mister which DOES work for spot evaporative cooling and other applications.

Had my car worked on at a local Auto Repair place, and they had a very long string of these Water Misting lines/nozzles spraying a very fine mist. The Supervisor said it reduces the temp in the work Bays by

10-15 F. on average...and this is in Florida ! In the Southwest, im sure it would be even better. Anyway, I checked out Lowes and they have them in sizes of 1/4" and 3/8" o.d. You simply select where on the tubing you want the small nozzles to go then attach the tubing to your garden water spiggot (3/4" connector provided with the package) .

In addition to comfort cooling, I could see this working real well on A/C condensor coils in conjunction with an inline water filter to filter out sediment so it doesnt come out on the coils. For 10' of the 1/4" , the package runs $14 and the 3/8" is a few dollars more. Additional tubing can be hooked on too relatively easily.

Im going to hook up the 1/4" to the sides of my A/C Condensor coils , with inline water filter, and 24 v. water solenoid valve ... so it only works when the A/C is actually running. Since im an HVAC Guy, im going to take before and after pressure readings and amp draw readings to see how effective it is.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I would suggest a chemical treatment injection system to prevent corrosion unless your condenser coil is treated to prevent such corrosion. If the water in your area causes lime scale in water heaters and pipes, you may be in for some trouble. The cooling towers around here have to use water treatment or the condensers will clog. Perhaps something that uses the same sort of surfactants for treating cooling tower systems would work.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Im on Well Water (shallow well) here in Northern Florida. The water is so good that i drink it without filtering it, no rust residue in toilets, and no lime fallout. My replacement Water Heater is 15 years old ; im going to replace it soon just to be safe.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I would guess if it tastes so good, it's probably hard water. That will leave minerals to build up on the condenser.

Reply to
Tony