Junked car left on my property by former tenants

Page 3 of 3

landlord4068@_______.com wrote:

This needs legal advice for your specific city regulations.
In some areas you would need to retain the property for I think twelve months after expiry of the lease. You can of course claim costs.
landlord4068@_______.com wrote:

This needs legal advice for your specific city regulations.
In some areas you would need to retain the property for I think twelve months after expiry of the lease. You can of course claim costs.
i would ask a lawyer and the county attourney. the cops would be my last choice to ask. lucas
In the middle of the night roll it out and down the street.
Call the cops in a few days about the vehicle and have a nice day.
Out of sight, out of mind.
landlord4068@_______.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That's probably the worst advice yet in this thread.

I wrote the same thing a couple of days. It's what I have done, and what I would do. It's a fast solution to a potential sticky problem.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Good for you. I would. While you are living with a junk car on your property for years, I'd be clear of it.

My first suggestion, IIRC.
Gone in four hours.
No cost. No nothing.
landlord4068@_______.com wrote:

Look around. Can you construct some sort of lathe?
Seriously, though. One guy DOUBLE PARKED a Honda, with the keys in it, in front of a Queens barber shop hoping someone would steal it. The guys at the barber shop watched the car for a WEEK and nobody swiped it. Oh, many looked it over; one even took it for a test drive!
I'd try putting a "FREE CAR" sign on the vehicle. If that doesn't work, simply rolling the junk in to the street might be a solution.
Easiest, though, is to call the cops - SCRATCH THAT - stop the beat cop and ask for advice. Trust me, you are not a pioneer in this matter.

Please, what ees thees "beat cop"? I theenk I read about heem in old history book???
aspasia wrote:

Something that I've only ever seen in Chicago. Perhaps that's where "HeyBub" is from?
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Nah, I'm in Houston. And used to be a cop. The current politically-correct term is "neighborhood policing officer."
Thought about buying a house a few years ago. As we were leaving after looking over the property (and boy did it look good), I stopped a patrol car driving by, told him what my mission was, and asked whether he had any advice about the neighborhood.
"I can't advise you on whether to buy this house, but I'm doing what I do every day. Between calls I reconoiter the parking lot at those apartments down the block and run license plates on my computer. I find two, three stolen cars every single day. That apartment house if chock-a-block full of goblins! Now if you don't mind living within 50 yards of more thieves than sailed with Blackbeard, you might have found a spot."

Call the cops and ask them, then call a wrecker service and ask *them*.
Laws vary by state. In my state, I give the owner a written demand to remove it and a deadline. Keep a copy. I then call a wrecker and they have me sign a "Tow Request and Authorization Form". I have to certify that I am the owner of the property and that the vehicle listed on the form has been abandoned on my property without my consent for a minimum of 48 hours. The vehicle then disappears, no fuss, no muss.
I have to do it once or twice a year and it has never been a problem.
John
You need a local attorney for advice, not a worldwide usenet group. We would have no way to know your local laws.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
John Stormin Mormon wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in message

Good plan. :-)
Cheri

Hold your phone calls, folks. We have a winner!
Steve ;-)

Yes, Christopher. Excellent advice.
But, you do have to admit, getting rid of a derelict car is no big deal. I would bet anyone a Franklin that I could get rid of one within 24 hours.
Steve