July 9 virus information - what it is & what to do

Probably everyone has heard about the virus that takes you off the internet on July 9. It has been in many papers and on news casts.

Here is an article from Ask Leo, about this problem, and what to do about it. If you haven't read it, it may be of interest to you.

Bob

Reply to
Bob-tx

just get a mac

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

et on July =A09. =A0It has been in many papers and on news casts.

it. =A0If you haven't read it, it may be of interest to you.

How do I know that the DNS Changer Working Group link will take me to a legitimate site? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Shazzam. Might be true, even?

nasty, for sure.

.

Probably everyone has heard about the virus that takes you off the internet on July 9. It has been in many papers and on news casts.

Here is an article from Ask Leo, about this problem, and what to do about it. If you haven't read it, it may be of interest to you.

Bob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yow, that's probably the link that's spreading the infection.

.

How do I know that the DNS Changer Working Group link will take me to a legitimate site? ;-)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you trust the government:

Otherwise, all the major A/V have free scanners just Google them:

G. Morgan

LMAO!! I'll take as much precaution as i have with the other fifty million hoaxes that have come across.

Reply to
Steve Barker

on July 9. It has been in many papers and on news casts.

If you haven't read it, it may be of interest to you.

click it and find out. I did. it's just another bullshit hoax site.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Not a hoax.

G. Morgan

This one is NOT a hoax, but it's not as bad as some would make it sound either.

Reply to
clare

Now check for an FBI cookie, the persistent kind.

Here is a better way to check:

G. Morgan

I was kidding.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

> J3l.6rPZ9ZdfbL

...and be dependent on the deny, delay and surreptitiously patch scrApple for fixes to mac viruses...

Reply to
Pete C.

what mac viruses?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Are you serious? Look at the filename.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You really don't expect Malformed to keep up, do you?

Reply to
krw

The tip of the iceberg. You WILL see more apple (and unix) virus infections in the future.

Reply to
clare

it's not a virus. to be a virus it has to be self-propagating and it isn't

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

oh, krow, that was so cute...but wrong as usual

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

in fact all a mac user has to do is disable javascript or download apples latest version...either option will disable the malware

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds