Joke: This explains it

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a Harley Davidson motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop..
The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a question?"
The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle.
The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in, And when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary And you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"
The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic... "Try doing it with the engine running."
On 1/20/2012 3:46 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Hummm, I thought heart surgeons stopped the patient's heart after hooking them up to a heart/lung machine? o_O
TDD
On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 23:50:02 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Depends on what they are doing. My wife had a procedure done last year and they just put here under and used a catheter. Six hour job.

Six hours at auto mechanic's rates?!! Yikes!

Whole new meaning to having your heart broken.
On 1/21/2012 7:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Was she getting a valve job? ^_^
TDD

or
One day, a painter found himself short of help and went to the unemployment office to hire someone for the day. When he arrived, they didn't have any painters available, but they did have a gynecologist there. He reluctantly took him along to help.
A couple of weeks later, the painter returned to the unemployment office needing temporary help again. This time there were two painters there, but instead he asked for the gynecologist again. The clerk asked, "Why do you want a gynecologist when we have two professional painters you can take right now?" He said, "Two weeks ago when I hired the gynecologist, we arrived at the house and it was locked with nobody home. But I'll be damned if that gynecologist didn't stick his hand through the mail slot and paint the whole house!!"
<eg>
ChairMan wrote:

Could be the gynecologist was retired but "still liked to keep his hand in."