JOKE: How many alt.hvac "experts" does it take to screw in a light bulb

blueman wrote

Maybe you too should get together some night and watch Brokeback Mountain...

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Yep, 27,299 posts to be exact. Sorry, I forgot that the NG was rendered useless for awhile and it's almost impossible to sort it all out. The "group polution" thread might be a good place to start:

volts500

Gerbil extraction would be better in his case..

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Some of those guys definitely need to start doing some walking:

CJT

I'm not quite sure the people in this group would agree with you. I don't make apologies for myself, but even I recognize that I produce an incredible volume of posts.

Reply to
Eigenvector

blueman3333 posted for all of us...

Question: How many blewmen does it take to fill a mental ward?

A: Only one with this many personalities and no meds.

Reply to
Tekkie®

blueman posted for all of us...

Yeah, you and I got no vector are a lot alike; stupid, unteachable, unwilling and lazy.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Bob_Loblaw posted for all of us...

The pieces from new one would get caught on the old one still up there...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Nahh, I'll let you take it out of your ass yourself

Reply to
blueman

So, are you the guy that paid $80 to an HVAC technician to change your furnace filter?

Reply to
<kjpro

. Here we have a thread of maybe a 100 posts (95% of them | childish name calling and tirades) that surely is obscuring any true | pro-to-pro conversation.

Ironic isn&#39;t it, that 95% of those posts are yours, and since when do you earn the title of pro?

Reply to
Justin

No -- i think that was someone else...

Reply to
blueman

Your asshole brother.

Reply to
Paul Milligan

Then tell us what little task your HVAC technician did for you that pissed you off.

Reply to
<kjpro

Although I may disgree with many of the regular posters about DIY initiative, I have to say that, insults aside, these guys often provide great information for absolutely nothing in return. It&#39;s called "something for nothing" and it&#39;s not in the homeowner&#39;s (or anyone&#39;s) place to judge it.

With only a couple of months on this newsgroup, I now have a very comfortable home with equipment that is running and performing like some top end system for only a third of that cost. I have learned about and installed the Fanhandler (a variable-speed controller with automatic sensors that is just awesome) and Humidifier with automatic control, and I have avoided the hassles/costs/problems with different air cleaning solutions. I have even learned enough to offer the occasional advice myself, making me feel like a bit of a smarty--if only for a moment (until my wife reminds me otherwise).

And I&#39;ve quickly realized what a waste of time it must have been to even read my initial posts--yet many still did. Thanks...

Peace, Dan

Reply to
dantheman

What can one expect from people who can&#39;t even read that this is alt.home.repair, and may have home repair questions from home owners.

I suggest using professionals when called for in certain situations. But there are a huge number of things that the average Joe can do, get the job done right, and save a lot of money.

Those who want to keep their secret societies and literati intellect are welcomed to do so, but they are a dying breed. DIYers are here to stay, and those who want to still call in someone else and pay too much are here to stay, too.

So, the parasites and scavengers will always be with us, too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

posted for all of us...

Nah blueballs needs the $80 for his psych meds

Reply to
Tekkie®

posted for all of us...

It&#39;s Jeffy he&#39;s a fundy idiot that asks questions then argues the answers sorta like I got no vector - no research assholes.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Really you need to learn how to follow a thread. I never had an HVAC technician perform a task that pissed me off. Personally, in real life, I have had pretty decent experiences.

These "light bulb" jokes are aimed only at the boorish misfits who inhabit alt.hvac and seem to have nothing better to do than attack any well-intentioned homeowner who happens to post in "their" newsgroup.

I think you will find that each of the items is a near exact quote from what one of the regulars posted in response to a question I asked last week.

Reply to
blueman

Did you stay up all night thinking of that line?

Reply to
blueman