joint treatment compound

what are the steps on how to use the joint treatment compund for drywalls?
youbet2k3 wrote:

How do I paint a house? How do I wire a house? Joint compound can be used for anything from fixing a one inch hole in sheet rock to doing a whole house. The former could be explained here, the latter is beyond the scope of what you will learn on newsgroups.
Or, how about "how do you fly a plane?"