john deere blade clutch will not engage

I have a 10 year old john deere sx38 lawn tractor. Over the last year intermittantly the blade clutch has become disengaged suddenly while cutting the lawn. When I try to reengage the blade nothing happens. The engine keeps running it is just the blade that becomes disengaged. Then it suddenly start working again. Today it stopped working and I have not been able to get it to reengage. When I pull the electric button to engage the blade nothing happens. I don't hear anything.The electric to the clutch appears to be working ~2amps.
Thanks in advance for any sugestions.
Regards,
Warren
On 16 Jun 2006 19:15:47 -0700, warren snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Is there power to the clutch? If so, the air gap may need adjusting. Otherwise, probably a safety switch or shorted wire.
--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--