John Deere 170 lawn tractor problems.....

Hello:
I have a 15 year old JD 170 that won't start. I put a new battery on it, but it still won't turn over. I've checked all the switches and wires that I can get to and it still won't turn over. The key light doesn't even come on. Turn the key-----and nothing. The battery cables seem ok at both ends, and I replaced the fuse but no go.
Does anyone have any ides I can check before hauling it in to JD? I dont have a trailer and it's a real bear loading the thing into my truck.
Thanks, Richard Hollingsworth
Check your cables and ground, Use a voltmeter to trace what is not getting power. Is there a saftey switch in the seat. It could be bad
Are you sure the new battery is good, ck its voltage and jump it off your car if its a 12v system.