jig saw buying tips/advice?

I'm in the market for a jig saw. I will use it only occassionally, mostly for cutting rounded corners and shapes in veneered plywood, 3-6" holes through plywood, and other random but similar tasks. My main question is whether the scrolling feature is important. Will I be able to cut a 3" hole WITHOUT a saw that can scroll? Any other pertinent advice you care to share?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 9, 10:12 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, but it's more difficult. The scroll feature allows you to cut corners without turning the entire saw, and without the cord getting in the way because the cord is always entering the saw from the same direction.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You should post ths same question o the group:
rec.woodworking
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:21:03 -0800, jJim McLaughlin

A curren thread there now!
I love my Bosch!!
Oren --
Add pictures here