Jet Dry won't dispense

I have an old Caloric DUS404-19 dishwasher and the Jet Dry hasn't been dispensing in quite awhile (level remains the same). Is this a simple fix?
Thanks,
Jack
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hi Jack,
I'm showing the rinse dispenser bimetal (most common failure) no longer available, but you might want to have a look at the wiring to it. This dispenser was operated by a bimetal in series with the heating element, and carried a lot of current. Wire terminals were susceptible to burning off.
Just power it down, open the door and remove the 4 screws holding the outer door panel on. You'll see two wires conecting to the dispenser bimetal.
If they look good, I'd probably recommend just hanging solid Jet-Dry on the top rack and forgetting the dispenser. Parts for this machine, made by D&M, are getting hard to find.
Hope that's of some help.
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
I'm a 30-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter: www.DavesRepair.com
Acts 4:12

Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the help.
Regards,
Jack
Add pictures here
βœ–

I had this happen to mine. I was cleaning underneath the dishwasher when I saw this burnt up wire (either burnt up or chewed up by the dead rat) and soldered it back togather and afterwards I noticed that there were no more spots on my glasses and silverware.....
Add pictures here
βœ–

It looks like the bimetal is still available as is the rinse dispenser body in case it is just too gummed up to clean. See the following links:
Dispenser Bimetal http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rca2547
Rinse Agent Dispenser http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rca1326
JFYI
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411 Κloric+dishwasher
=Π~~~~~~
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hi,
Possible trouble makers, bad/weak bi-metal, burnt wire at the dispensor bi-metal, no power from the controls, dispensor body is clogged up.
A little info on bi-metals.... http://www.applianceaid.com/soap-door.html#open
Usually can remove the outer door panal to view the dispensor.
jeff.
βœ–
Not to be a wise guy: buy the solid jetdry and hang it from the rack?

Add pictures here
βœ–

I have several bottles of Jet Dry liquid left, but more importantly, it would be fun to try to fix it. Thanks for the suggestion of using the solid, and thanks again Jeff for your help.
Regards,
Jack
Add pictures here
βœ–