Jenn-air stove beeping its head off

Hi...
We've got an old Jenn-Air stove, and a couple of days ago, it started beeping first at irregular intervals and then more and more constantly - the beeper it uses for the timer. I don't see anything that indicates what function it thinks it is doing when it starts beeping. We tried unplugging it for a while, and that seemed to work; it wasn't beeping when we plugged it back in. But around 6 this morning it started beeping continuously again.
Any idea what part would be malfunctioning (and how hard it would be to replace)?
Thanks -Mark
--
Put the .net on the .cod to send email

Hi,
Model#?? Some model# helps.... http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Can't think of much beside a possible bad clock/control assembly for doing this :(
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote:

Thanks for responding. I should have gotten the model number included in the first place. The stove says that it's model #S176 and I'm guessing that it dates to the mid 80's. I don't know if they even make replacement parts for it anymore, but the clock assembly sounds like a good guess...
Thanks -Mark
--
Put the .net on the .cod to send email

G'day,
It sure does, I believe 80's and very early 90's.

*Appears* the glass/touch part is NLA but the clock still comes up as available.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N0 Electronic clock assembly.
Since a few of the parts are comming up NLA now, carefull what you spend on the range...JMO.
On 6 Aug 2004 15:19:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote:

My Mother's Jenn Air goes wacky sometimes. I just reboot it by turning off the circuit breaker.