Jenn-Air Oven Control Light Question

5-1/2 year old double wall oven. The clock and temperature displays are dim to the point of being almost unreadable. Just wondered if this is typical and if there is anything that can be done other than replacing the entire assembly for $130 or so (ouch!).
My microwave light is also getting dim after 10 years. Again, is this typical?
Thanks.... Tom in PA
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Vmcw) wrote in message
Hi,

Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Usually do need to replace the display/clock/control when it doesn't light up properly.

Typical no, happens yes.

jeff:
Model number: WW30430W.
Tom in PA
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Vmcw) wrote in message

Hi,
How old? These units usually have a 5 year parts only on the electronics. This model has a big relay board inside, but that so far ( to me ) hasn't been the trouble maker for a weak display. The clock/display itself is what we have had to change on a couple of different ones.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Ni5197 Electronic clock control
jeff. Appliance repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /