Jenn-Air dishwasher-motor not reversing...

I have a Jenn-Air dishwasher-Model # DU486-about 9 years old. It stopped draining and there is a burning smell at that time of the cycle. Checked the hose and impeller-they seem fine.Next, looked at the motor- it is running but not reversing. My husband thinks that the only course of action is to replace the motor/pump system (which will cost around $200.00). Wanted to make sure there wasn't something we were overlooking-I have read info. that suggests the wiring or timer might need to be checked...? And if replacing the motor is the only alternative, would it be better just to get a new, inexpensive dishwasher? Any advice on repair or recommendations for replacement greatly appreciated

Reply to
MM Sales

Tough call. Check for information at

or

New DW will be about $400 and up over $1000. At 9 years, it could easily go another 9, 19, or only 19 days before the controls go.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi,

I found a DU486 with a forward/reversing style motor and pump assembly, also found a DU486C with a one way motor and a drain solenoid. If you are 100% sure your motor is a reversing style, the timer is responsable for pausing the motor and telling it to reverse...make sure the pause is there, make sure no wires are broken for the motor ( esp where the door hinges to open and close )....if the motor is getting power, not going and smoking, it may be bad :(

A bit cheaper here....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff