Jeld-wen sash repair?

Hom\\pefully someone can assist with this one?
I've purchased a home that has 18 rather large cottage style Jeld-Wen windows. For whatever reason on two of them the bottom wood on the lower sash has rotted. I've contacted my nearest dealer and they've stated that I must purchase a sash replacement which includes the glass for a cost of approx $600 each not including delivery and installation.
Is anyone familiar with insulated windows aware of a method to have someone create a replacement piece to fit on the bottom of these sashes? Something like a mill shop or anything? I hate to be cheap but there seems to be nothing wrong with the glass and that seems like it would be the most expensive portion of these 36 x 72" window units.
Any ideas or suggestions please?
Bob
on 9/23/2007 8:30 PM bobmct said the following:

How old are the windows? Jeld-Wen has a 20 year warranty that is transferable to new owners. http://www.jeld-wen.com/_pdf/resources/warranties/wood_warranty.pdf
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY