Japanese beetles - how long do they hang around?

This is the worst I've ever seen. They're just swarming everywhere, and it's like driving through hail!

They're devouring some of our trees.

Anyone remember how long they live?

Reply to
Mitch

Not very long with one of these.

tnom

6-7 weeks
Reply to
tnom

If you get a trap put it as far away as possible, it attracts them, Ortho 7 can be sprayed on plants and trees to get rid of beetles.

Reply to
ransley

Thanks. Counting the days.

Reply to
Mitch

Reply to
Jim Conway

Long enough to breed and lay eggs for the next season. Check with your local university extension for info on the critters and their control. The last thing you should not do is put a trap in your yard since it is an invitation for all the Japanese beetles to come to the feast.

There's a time slot in spring for applying chemicals to the soil. Once eggs are laid, there's not much to do except wait until next spring's time slot.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Even shorter with one of these.

:-D

Reply to
Evan Platt

franz fripplfrappl wrote in news:pZ0fk.15455$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com:

We had that happen years ago. Neighbors were all upset and spraying all over some crap. We did nothing. Nature took it's course and the next year all was fine and nothing was damaged. The birds had some nice meals eating grubs. I like to call the bugs - June Bugs.

Reply to
Lisa BB.