Janitrol pressure reading disagreement

I have a Janitrol gas pack model PG036100-1ab, serial 910754051. It wasn't cooling properly and I had repair man come out and he said the refrigerant pressure was too low and it needed more refrigerant and he added some. He didn't clean the obviously dirty coil, so I'm suspicious of his ability. Afterwards, it still wasn't cooling properly and I called a different repair man and he says the refrigerant pressure is too high. He let some out, but he said it still has higher pressure on both sides than what it should be. He suggested trying it at this pressure for now. It still doesn't cool very well and he says he'll come back and let more refrigerant out and see if that helps. BTW- the second repair man cleaned the dirty coils, so that's that causing the problem.

What should the correct pressure readings be? Would anything other than too much refrigerant cause high pressure readings on both sides? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Steve Smith

Reply to
Steve Smith

This is Turtle.

Well you have one of the July 1991 model Gas packs 3 ton cooling and 100K btu heat of Goodman and i'm not wild about them but they work like the rest of them.

Now to say give you the pressure to set the freon pressure on with out being there to take reading on it would be just guessing at best. Now here is a answer to your questions.

What should the correct pressure be ? Well Between 50 psi to 85 psi on the suction and 185 psi to 325 psi on the head pressure.

What other things that would cause high reading on both sides ? Yes , inefficent compressor and about 12 other things also.

What about any suggestions here ? Well you really need to get a real hvac service company out there to service your unit and also set the charge by charting , weighting in it, or setting the supper heat to spec.s. I know they are hard to find but you can find them.

If you would like to discuss it e-mail me and talk about it. My addy on the group is good.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

weasel wants you to email him privately. He's an unlicensed hack from swampville whose bullshit can't stand the light of day in the newsgroup.

But weasel will git r done fo ewe.

Reply to
bill

This is Turtle.

I don't have time for you Weasel hunter .

PLONK Again !

Reply to
TURTLE

Feeling like prey weasel? lol

Reply to
bill

you talk like someone with a paper asshole

at least turtle solves problems, what the FUCK have you ever solved on here?

what a f***in' afterbirth stain you are

Reply to
papaya

You can solve all the moaner problems here you want d*****ad.

Not my job to educate you. Now you can ES&D.

Reply to
bill

Love this shit..I swear.... I think, honestly, I am gonna start a f****ng training center for homeowners here....offer a friggin EPA cert and all... I went on a call tonight, first one since I got back...(BTW Terry, its for a cop, so the labors on me..) The owner of another HVAC company lives right beside this fella, claims that the coil was freezing up yesterday, and now its a solid block of ice and that we were recommended by the guys at the department....(oh...reputation does mean alot, this departments over 40 miles out) and I get there...simple enough...Payne 4 ton HP, frozen solid to the compressor. Problem?

4 leaks in the cap tubes, and a bad TEV...now...he was charged over $350 yesterday for 13.5lbs of 22...not bad pricing for the work I guess..since it all went right back out as fast as they dumped it.

How hard is it to find a stuck open TEV? How hard it it? I suppose that most guys would keep dumping shit to the unit till it had 40 lbs in the thing, but a non meter situation is about as simple as it gets. Whats the pressure supposed to be Terry? Come on, whats the pressure supposed to be? Come on, tell me, cause you sure as hell got it wrong with the other guy...if i used your magic numbers tonight, it would be undercharged..

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Reputation?? You shouldn't be even working one someone elses machine! Go back to school or check your training books. Cap tubes & TEV together!!

I you can't figure out the above, get out of the trade!!

This is post worth saving and showing what amatures are out there...

Reply to
BOZO

And this post shows what kind of fucker would sit there and scratch his head in the real world. Gee..you aint never run across an older ICP coil that had a flowrater, that was taken out and replaced with a TEV? NEVER? What a f****ng wannabe you are. Hide behind that fake name and all, while I have not a problem letting you know where I am or how to find me..gee..learn a bit more, and then hop in and make a comment like that fucktard. Funny thing, the coils here..you tell me what the original installers put on it back in 98.... Jesus...even my 1st year guys know you can run into this....when you are ready to get out into the real world, and stop sucking up Stormys ass to see what he had for lunch yesterday, let me know....till then, ill sit back and just laugh at you guys...

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Hmmm.. You got to be kidding! How can you even think about leaving something like this in operation. Do you know the difference between a cap tube and distributor tubes? I didn't think so.

So I guess it's ok to run into a TXV were someone left the flo rater and not do anything about it.

Oh! so you leave furnaces running with cracked heat exchanger too. And sign your company name on these post?? Are you for real?

I 'm embarrassed for you.

Reply to
BOZO

Be embarrassed for yourself. You that stupid you didn't get what he meant?

Reply to
bill

Hes too f****ng stupid to know much of anything but how to spin things, and hide. Aint hiding well either

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

This is Turtle.

I don't have much time for trolls like you and Billy Bob do , but i'm just saying hell-o to get you two to start hating somemore to get it out of your system. I think you two trolls are the best ever in trolling and wasting peoples time. You two are nothing but good trolls but atleast your good at something in this world.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I dunno whos troll #1 in here Terry..you or Chris.

You REALLY cant be as dumb as you come on to be.

Hey...what about that Judge again? Your local TV station knows about it now....wait till they come knockin...

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

This is Turtle.

Any Control-A-Troll will alway point the finger of blame at people they do not like. How is the Menion Team going now that it is down to 4 of you.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Yeah we know weasel. Anyone who takes issue with your hack shit is a troll.

You only have yourself to blame for your criminal activities.

Reply to
bill