Janitrol Furnaces

Page 2 of 2

Hi DN, hope you are having a nice day
On 24-Jan-05 At About 06:02:37, DN B wrote to All Subject: Re: Janitrol Furnaces
DB> From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (DN B)
DB> Yes Scott...there is a way to get heat if the Hot Surface ignitor DB> doesnt work...but its only good for ONE cycle , then you have to do DB> it again. After the gas valve opens (youll hear it click ..) you DB> simply hold a long match in close proximity to the ignitor and the DB> burners will ignite the same as if the ignitor was doing it. This DB> should only be done in an extreme emergency however ; its always DB> best to wait till a Serviceman can come out if at all possible.
Please don't listen to this guy. lighting a furnace this way can get you badly burned.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "Whatever temperature a room is its always room temperature."- s.w.

You just dont seem to get it, do you dick head. I jump all day and thats all I need to jump. I dont need his business or your business. I dont need THAT kind of business. Those type of "customers" are not the type of customers I want. I wouldnt ever get a job in the lowley construction business. You builders suck and cant build worth a shit nor hire the proper subcontractors because you guys are cheap ass bastards. Thats why you build shit. You pay shit and you get shit. You get what you pay for. You could only dream of hiring someone like me. I probably make more money than you and half your staff. Face it. You suck. I wouldnt have your job if it were the last job on earth. Bubba
">>> Yeah, Im a thief because I wont sell a part to some tightwad Ive never

Yeah putz. I have 382 construction men working for me, 42 architects, 4 lawyers full-time and an office staff of 34. I really need a filthy mouthed, illiterate idiot like you working for me. If you ever come to Manhattan, look me up. I'll show you how real construction men build. Oops you're right, none of my construction crews know how to snake out toilets like you do. The offer stands. Come to New York and I'll show you how really insignificant you and your mouth are.

Jerry, You are full of more shit than your own backed up toilet in your trailer. Im an astronaut, pulitzer prize winner and an oil billionaire. Top that dick head. Real construction men. haha. It sounds like you have "little mans disease". Now blow me little man. Bubba

"We can all read through the lines what kind of person and mechanic you are"
I attempted to convey this to you the first time but of course it went right over your head.
I regularly spend 2-3 hours educating a customer for NOTHING because I put people ahead of profits. It's much more rewarding. Get beyond your redneck attitude and communication skills and you might feel better about yourself.

Again, just more bullshit spewed from your mouth. First of all, I doubt you are educated enought to Educate anyone. Second, If you regularly spend 2-3 hrs educating customers, you have a big problem. No way your customers are allowing you to educate and charge them for 3 hours. Lastly, if you arent charging them for this then no way are you still in business. Point Proven. You are an IDIOT belching bull crap. Bubba

This is Turtle.
First off what are you buying ignitor for because Goodman furnishes free ignitor for 5 years free under the 5 year warranty of parts.
Second having to change the ignitor out every year , well someone is installing them wrong or there is something bad wrong with it. You need to get a real hvac service company to tell you what is wrong with it. Also if you touch the ignitor element with your fingers while installing it. It will burn out in about 6 to 12 months like clock work. If a service man wants to come back and change the ignitor with in a year or less. All he has to do is touch the ignitor element with his fingers and it will burn less than a year later.
Thirdly. If the service guy is the one that installed it and he is charging for new ignitors when he replaces them. Fire him and get a respectiable service company to do your work for he gets a new one for free if he bring the old one back to the warehouse. He is charging you for the parts and then getting a new one at the warehouse to replace it also.
Forthly When you have a Goodman Gas furnace GMP , GMT, GMNT, GMTH, GMTD , or any inshot type burnt gas furnaces by Goodman. If you do not ground the furnace properly. it will have false lock out 1 or 2 times a year and will show up as maybe a ignitor failure signal or other reason given by the whinkey light of the IFC relay board.
Now your asking questions here and expecting to get a answer to your questions here and do not give the model number of the furnace your wanting a ignitor for or even to answer some question as why your changing ignitor every year or so and the ignitor should go atleast 5 years in most cases. You have a problem with it and throwing ignitors at it is not the answer. There is atleast 30 things that i can think of that will get it to eating ignitor like you have. If you think throwing ignitors at it is the answer. I will sell you a Gross of them at Wholesale price and you can throw them at it till the cows come home. I'll sell you a gross of them for $2,600.00 and the instruction to install it is in the box. OH, I don't sell less than a Gross over the internet if you was thinking just one or 2.
Get some service company to fix it and not play with it.
TURTLE
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:12:05 GMT, "mwlogs"

Good for you Mark.
Check out goodman/janitrol site for documentation if you don't have it. Then check EBAY for ignitors.
Everybody would be lucky to have a BIL like you.
HM
Thanks to all those that replied with a meaningful message. I'll not waste valuable time responding to the remainder, only to say I hope and pray I NEVER have to have you set foot in my house for any repairs.
The ignitor was replaced this morning, after a night of near 0 degree temps. It was replaced under warranty, but that's little solice for the inconvenience. I'll have her check with the repair folks to see what the problem is. Oh, and the company HAS been in business in the area for at LEAST 40 years, because they replace my families furnace back in the 60's.