Jammed electric meat slicer

Do anyone have experience taking apart a krups meat slicer? It is one of those small fold-up models. I need to get inside to see what is jammed but here are only two places that appear to attach it together and it looks like a rivot.

see: krups.com and pick a country that sells the slicer, i dont see in usa at: http://www.krupsusa.com / you may be able to identify the model at: http://www.epinions.com/Other_Small_Appliances-Brand_Krups
Thanks. I have the model number...its their 213 portable meat slicer. I don't think they sell it anymore but I was able to download the owners manual. Unfortunately there is no blow out parts list so I still can't figure how to get into this thing.