JAD Cancelled Home Insurance Because of 3 Claims

My home insurance was recently cancelled by Stae Farm because of three claims with them. I was insured with from 1988 until the cancellation last week. I then applied to Farmers Insurance and was accepted, I sent 50% of the premium to them. Yesterday I was informed that they are going to return the premium and cancel the policy ecause of prior claims. I am sure it is the State Farm claims.

Is there a compny or companies to which I maybe more successful getting insured?

JAD 2006 0722

Reply to
JAG

Do a google search on CLUE or Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange and read some of the horror stories that are described. You can apply for a copy of your CLUE report at

to get an idea of what you'll be up against the next time you apply for insurance.

Here's a good article:

dickm

Reply to
dicko

JAG wrote: ...

If you're elgible, your Farm Bureau agent can help. Otherwise, I'd recommend going to an independent agent and see what they he/she can do. Never hurts to contact your state insurance commisioner with the problem--depending on the situation and how good/bad the particular state office is, they sometimes will pressure an insurer in particular cases...

Reply to
dpb

Or applying for claims.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

"JAG" wrote in news:1153586757.469691.101710 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Just curious. What kind of claims, $ amounts and clain timeframes?

Reply to
Al Bundy

it may not be JUST claims, homeowners used to be a cash cow for companies, but with hurricanes and tremendous losses the companies look at each new or renewed policy.

such things as already bad roofs can get you cancelled.

cracked sidewalks knob and tube wiring, poor porches.

let this be a lesson its never a good idea to make a small claim since several can get you cancelled.

its also better to have ALL your insurance with a single company.

if they have your cars, homeowners and others they know if they cancel one you will cancel the rest and change comanies. ' this helps if the OP has other policies with another company he might try them

if someone has a mortage the mortage company upon notification that the home isnt insured will put forced place insurance on the building structure only. contents are NOT included....

Reply to
hallerb

Well still, I'd also like to know the details of the claims.

Reply to
Eigenvector

I don't think the CLUE database is necessarily a bad thing for a homebuyer. When I applied for my insurance on my new house the agent gave me a short run-down on the repair claims. It was valuable information, one because it corroborated the inspectors and the sellers story and two, it gave me an overall indication of what kind of maintenance I would be looking at.

Now I haven't had the bad fortune of filing a claim, so perhaps when the other side of the CLUE database rears its head I might change my tune. But for a newbie to the housing market it was a valuable tool.

Reply to
Eigenvector

my mom had a broken windshield I was on her insurance, she sold me the vehicle, I had broken glass and very minor accident.

car insurance cancelled for too many claims 3 was the majic number.

no doubt the OP can get homepwners ate several times the price and with exclusions for future events of what got them cancelled originally

Reply to
hallerb

Years on Usenet tell me that people often get cancellations or huge price jumps for even two claims on homeowners' insurance.

Readers be warned: If some little problem happens, I would pay it out of pocket rather than make a claim.

Don Klipstein