Jacuzzi panel display warning

Just bought a house in Feb and went to fire up the 3-year old Jacuzzi (Model J-320), Filled with water and it on. Got this warning on the panel display: "Sn1". The owners manual says this means "open sensor (heater is disabled) or shorted sensor (spa is deactivated). The high temperature sensor is not functioning. Your authorized dealer must repair this."

Am I looking at megabucks for this repair? How should I go about getting it repaired -- get several estimates -- or will the repair be standard no matter what pool company I choose? Go with the install company?

I just don't want to be taken.

Reply to
46erjoe