Jacobsen lawnmower parts

Does anybody know where I can get parts for my Jacobsen mower. The mower is a twin blade mulcher and I broke one of the height adjusters. Thanks, Phil wolfe

Reply to
PW

Last I new Homelite owned Jacobsen. Find a Homelite dealer, which it its self may be hard to do! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I think Jacobsen was bought by someone and now only makes those huge mowers for golf courses and such. Call a lawnmower shop near you, they would be your best source. We have one that is about 20 years old and runs great except for a leaky gas tank.

Reply to
ROBMURR

I depends on the age of the unit. We had a very old 8hp the discharged on the LEFT and used synchronized blades. Turns out that I could get parts from my local John Deere dealer's part department. Can't remember whether first Jacobsens were from John Deere, or if the first John Deeres were from Jacobsen, but as of 95, my JD dealer still had parts.

Reply to
Tim Neumann

JD owned Homelite and Jacobsen for a while, not sure when. I was a dealer from 1984 through 1989, Textron owned them then. It was not long after that JD bought them, in 1994. JD sold them sometime in 2001, this time to the same conglomerate that owns Ryobi, Techtronic Industries.

It you look close at their trimmers they have the same accessories. Homelite has been stripped down to bare bones. When I was a dealer they manufactured probably twenty differant chainsaws, now they don't manufacture any! They manufactured a a full line of lawn equipment through Jacobsen, which is gone too.. They do sell 3-4 differant models of saws, but they arer built by someone else, perhaps tied in to Ryobi somewhere now. There is Jacobsen commercial lawn equipment that I believe is still around, although it is not related to the home owner line of equipment.
I am suprised that they still have the bulk of their construction equipment, heavy duty pumps and the like, all made in the USA.

Reply to
Greg O

I just re-read this, I guess I know when!! Greg

Reply to
Greg O