jacking up cottage

Need to jackup corner of cottage to replaced sill plate. Have the floor totally removed. Anybody every jackup by put a board across ceiling 2x4 or pipe down to jack. Or anyother ideas on raising up the corner?
You'd be better off getting a hold of the rim joist(s) back from the corner with some properly sized angle irons and then putting a properly sized I beam under them and tack welding (to prevent slippage) and then jack under the I beam.
--
Steve Barker