jack post

Hi everyone,
I would like to install a few jack posts in my basement. Installation seams pretty straight forward except I am not sure how to built an "engineered base" for the jack post to go on. I was wondering if anyone could let me if this can me done by myself or does it have to be professional made.
Thanks Carl,
http://www.geocities.com/billbobbarama /

Dig hole, Pour in concrete. Level. Let dry
I've seen the sitting on a concrete block also. As long as the base is solid and does not sink, it will support the post. You want to go about 12" to 18" deep.