jack post

Hi everyone,

I would like to install a few jack posts in my basement. Installation seams pretty straight forward except I am not sure how to built an "engineered base" for the jack post to go on. I was wondering if anyone could let me if this can me done by myself or does it have to be professional made.

Thanks Carl,

carlbernardi

Dig hole, Pour in concrete. Level. Let dry

I've seen the sitting on a concrete block also. As long as the base is solid and does not sink, it will support the post. You want to go about 12" to 18" deep.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski