Ivan Damages Washer an Dryer

I had some water in my basement as a result of Ivan here in PA over the weekend. Where the dryer sits the water was about a foot and a half deep and where the washer sits about a foot deep. The water has been out of the basement since Saturday morning. I was able to turn off the circuit to the dryer once the water was down, and unplug the washer.
I would appreciate any advice as to what I should do to get these appliances running again wihout any long term damage. Do I just wait for them to dry and then try them out, or is it best to remove them from the basement, open them up, dry them out, or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Hi,
JMO!
Wait until they are dry and try/test them out....check your home insurance as it may allow a company to come in to double check the appliances and such for you! No real use moving thme out as the hook up to test them correctly is in the basement.