It will cost 36 dollars or less

This makes sense. I hope you are right. There are other places I could call but some don't give addresses, and this one is much much closer than the others that do.

LOL. I thought maybe there were different pricing strategies in different parts of the world.

Especially I thought the English usage group I also posted too might have an opinion on that.

Reply to
mm

I already have a smaller one in the basement. I like that this one was as big as it was. It took three blasts (no more than 15 seconds, probably more like 10 total) to put the fire out.

I don't believe they make rules like that for no good reason, Probably too many people with small extinguishers that didnt' do the job. No time to get the big one after the small one fails.

BTW, as to it being filled with baking soda, the label says: monoammonium phosphate, mica, ammonium phosphate, talc, nuisance dust, irritant, hmis 1-0-0

(since it's not food I've never heard that ingredients have to be in any particular order, but maybe they are. )

Almost every reference to hmis 1-0-0 is in a pdf file, but I found one for fire extinguishers that wasn't. "ABC dry chemical extinguisher is the second most common extinguisher used in motor homes. The material used in this type of extinguisher is Monoammonium Phosphate. This material has a Hazardous Material Identification System number of HMIS

1-0-0. These numbers mean the material is a Hazardous Material that is toxic. This material becomes very corrosive when heated. It is very difficult to clean because it melts to the surfaces it comes in contact with. This type of extinguisher has very limited Class A extinguishing ability (common combustibles, paper, fiberglass, wood, 12v wiring and most of the materials used in RV?s or boats). It takes a large ABC dry chemical extinguisher to handle a relatively small Class A fire. These extinguishers also pack easily and loose air."

The previous paragraph is about baking soda: "BC dry powder extinguisher is the most common and least expensive extinguisher. The material used in this type of extinguisher is non-toxic Sodium Bicarbonate. In a non-motorized RV (trailer or 5th wheel) no matter the size or type of construction, only one 5 BC extinguisher is required. For motorized RV?s classes A, B or C motor homes no matter the size, only one 10 BC extinguisher is required. This means 5 or 10 square feet of a Class B fire fueled by flammable or combustible liquids or flammable gas (LPG)) and Class C energized 120v electrical. These extinguishers pack easily and can loose air over time."

I might have been a lot better off with a BC, which woudln't hurt me or my food. I haven't turned the oven on since I used the ABC, but it was clearly hot when I sprayed it in the first place. None of this would matter if it werent' a continuous cleaing oven.

Still, an awful lot of fires are class A, common combustibles, paper, fiberglass, wood,

Reply to
mm