It will cost 36 dollars or less

Page 2 of 2

mm wrote the following:

Check to see if there is a recall on those Kidde 340s. http://www.kidde.com/utcfs/Templates/Pages/Template-66/0,8070,pageId%3D70140&siteId%3D384,00.html
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Hank, calling the fire department is an excellent idea. They may well know more about fires and my kind of oven than anyone else.
Whirlpool called me back yesterday, left a message and sent an email. The email said they have no "hints", but it asked me to call back, so I will.
wrote:

Wow. Thank you. Five of the nine models recalled have 340 as the only main numbers in the model number, but I don't think it would be right to complain about losing pressure and failing to operate when needed, since I had the thing at least 10 years, maybe 15 and it worked fine. I had checked the pressure indicator once in a while and afaicr it was never higher than it was this week.. For sure it was never lower than the middle of the green area (with red areas for too much and too little pressure). And I checked just before I used it a few days ago, and the needle was in the same place. It definitely had more output than the smaller one I used once. (It must have been on top of the stove. I don't remember it.) In fact the meter now is half way down the red low pressure area, but there is still some pressure, after 3 pretty big blasts.
Aha, these were manufactured "between October 2007 and April 2008." Mine was more likely 1995!
--
Posters should say where they live, and for which area
they are asking questions. I was born and then lived in