It's hot inside!!!

I have waited too long to replace my broken window a/c unit and now the heat is on. I'm desperate. The one I want (whirlpool 8000 BTU) claims to be Whirlpools quietest ever. The problem is no store in Los Angeles carries it. I am going to buy it direct from Whirlpool. Lowes and Home Depot carry the standard 6000 BTU's (and it's slim picking now) but they are all terribly LOUD.
Anyone care to comment on a good a/c unit?
--
WILLIAM21

man are you dumb.