It's Fun to flip

It's great to see a group of people that appreciate flipping, improving and repairing houses; Over the last few months it's seems to be getting more and more popular. People don't realize how physically demanding it can be sometimes until you actually start to do it! That's why it's nice for us flippers to have places like this to meet and share ideas. Thanks.
I've got a blog about what it's like and what people ought to know before they get involved with it. I hope that by reading it, others will gain some appreciation for this craft. Check it out at ... http://fliptosell.blogspot.com
Most people who decide to flip houses do it because there's money to be made. But you should diffinitely know what you're getting into before you do it.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 06:22:58 -0000, Yokie1

All of the "flippers" around here are in deep shit unless they got all the flipping out of their system by about October 06. House prices are down 25% and they still sit on the market for months. Why buy some patched up old house when you can get a brand new "inventory" from a builder for the same money?
On Sep 20, 12:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I think I'd prefer an older house. (Certainly my purchasing history suggests that--1947, 1955, 1948 for the three houses I've bought.) It takes a few decades for a house to really settle down and prove its worth. That brand new "inventory" is likely to be built to crap standards and be burdened with an HOA to boot.
My husband and I can upgrade the mechanicals ourselves (and have, as needed) to modern standards. But there's no help for flimsy construction, as all too many houses are built nowadays.
I don't think I could afford a new house that's built as well as my current house. It's veneered with real granite over concrete block.
Cindy Hamilton

You sure got that right.
Bob

I'm right there with ya. (1948 here) HOAs are evil, and there's something about floor joists that are a full 2" wide and made of something other than pine.
As for flipping, it's all fun and games until someone loses their shirt. I suppose there might be money to be made in picking up a fixer-upper that's been repossessed, but I don't have the testicular fortitude to try it at the moment at least until we find out what's happening with interest rates, mortgage companies, etc.
nate
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Your trying to respong to a spammer. 99% of the postings with a Google xxxx.blogspot.com link is simply a spammer looking to get click revenue on their "blogspot"?