ISO shelves to hang from expanded wire mesh walls

The building were I live has an extra storage area were every resident gets a wire-mesh cage. Mine is 3' x 3' x 10', and I need every cubic inch in it (my apartment is tiny). I'm trying to maximize the *useful* storage space I get out of this cage. (Of course, I could do what most residents do and just pile everything in the storage cage, but that's not useful to me; I want to be able to access the stuff I store now and then; otherwise, I'd just as soon throw it away.)

Three of the four walls of my cage are made of a flat expanded wire mesh (like the one shown at

the diamond-shaped openings in the mesh are about 3" in the long dimension and 1-1/4" in the short one. The remaining wall of the cage is made of concrete (basically, these cages are built against the building's wall). I have already installed heavy-duty shelves against the concrete wall, and they help a lot, but I still have a *lot* of unused volume in that cage.

Opposite to the concrete wall is the door to the cage, also made of the same wire mesh. I want to hang some shelves off the inside of this door, for extra light-weight storage. The only significant requirement I have for these shelves is that it shouldn't be easy to knock one of them down from the outside of the cage (e.g. by accidentally bumping against some hook).

I figure that this is a sufficiently common need that there may already be some standard solution on the market. Does anyone know of a system to do what I want to do?

Many thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

kj

Reply to
kj

Goedjn

Be easist just to tie cloth sacks to the cage, wouldn't it? Or use the wire hanging baskets for kitchen storage, but cloth sacks means your stuff isn't out in public view.

And bungie cords across the space to hang more bags from, overhead.

Reply to
Goedjn