ISO 3/8" M (1/8 IPS) to 1/4-20 F reducer, brass

Something like: <
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1926861443_1/2-Pieces-1-2-Male-1-4-Female-Inch-BSP-Bushing-Length-15mm-font-b-Brass.jpg_220x220.jpg

On 10/25/2015 7:38 PM, Don Y wrote:

Must love long walks on the beach, snuggling in front of a camp fire, and want several children?
More seriously, how about Home Depot? Lowe's? Amazon, Ebay? McMaster Carr?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/25/2015 6:45 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

86 the kids. Add something to do with cooking and ability to hang sheetrock...

No luck. I've found 1/8 FIPS to 1/4-27 fittings but not 1/4-20. I've also found smaller than 1/4" and considered drilling and retapping the hole. But, that's a fair bit of work that I'd prefer avoiding.
On 10/25/2015 9:48 PM, Don Y wrote:

What's wrong with tapping quarter twenty? It's a really common size, taps are easily available.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/25/2015 7:46 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Note: I've also found smaller than 1/4" and considered drilling and retapping the hole. I.e., trying to retap a 1/4-27 to 1/4-20 would be silly. Step down to a smaller (tapped) hole and drill it out before tapping the *new* hole to 1/4-20
Don Y wrote:

Really ? Send me the fitting , it'll take under 10 minutes to bore and thread it . I forget , not everyone has a machune shop , but all you need for this is a drill (press or handheld) a bit and a tap . Using just hand tools , it'd take me longer to get the tools out than to do the job .
--
Snag

On 10/25/2015 7:49 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Thanks, but I have a buddy who has a well stocked machine shop (several Brigeports, a pair of wire EDM, optical comparators, plasma cutter, etc.).
I'm not just looking for one but, rather, an ongoing supply (I'd not consider imposing on my friend for that much "work")
I can tap a few myself but consider it silly to be doing this repeatedly if I could, instead, find a COTS source.
The 1/8 IPS tapped 1/4-27 was an unexpected find. But, seems to be the exception and not the rule...
On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 20:16:44 -0700, Don Y

If that is thousands, contact Alibaba or an American brass works