Is your heater working?

Reminder. It was cool here last night so I fired up the heating system for just a few minutes to be sure it is working. Check batteries in the thermostat if you have them

Now is the time to check it before all the service people are tied up on the first really chilly day. Over a long summer sometimes things don't want to start again, like blower motors, circulator pumps, etc.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

We just had a new compressor put in the AC yesterday. Phew! Three days without AC!

Reply to
norminn

I just had my system (heat pump) serviced but should not need it till at least December since I live in Florida:-))

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Hi, Good reminder. Our system is in auto mode, been cooling until this morning when heating came on. Went outside to walk the dog, light frost covered lawn. Which went away as soon as sun came up. Now day time temp. is still around mid-20 C. but night time temp. is like 2-3 C. due to altitude here; more than 3000 feet.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yes, that is very wise counsell. My heating and AC boss used to complain about people who waited till the coldest day of the year to insist on immediate service for a heater that's been cranky for weeks. Much better to find out about the problem, now.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Good time as any to ask. Is your refrigerator running?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In east TN we can get a cold snap (winters are way too short here), but A/C is a lot more critical than heat. We are still having day temps in the mid 90's. My backup plan is to fire up my Alladin kerosene lamp which will quickly heat a small room (and blind you if you look into it). I also have a natural gas fireplace. Test/replace those CO/smoke detectors too.

If I read the current squirrel behavior correctly, an extra cold winter is coming.

Reply to
Phisherman