is venting your dryer to the house O.K in winter?

Those things have been around for 20 + years. My mom had one in Iowa. All of the lint blows back into the house as well. Mom used old panty hose as a filter/catcher. Her dryer was electric, and she wanted the humidity back into the house cause of the gas furnace. It helped some, she finally stopped using it because she had to clean it so often.

Reply to
SQLit

According to Rod Speed :

Now it's "so rare" instead of never? Who's waffling now?

Proving what went wrong is what coroner's inquests _do_, and that's exactly what they did.

Not if the lint filter has been allowed to clog, or, a misplaced sock ended up where it shouldn't.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Chris Lewis wrote

Nope, the never was people DYING from the CO.

You, as always.

Wrong. Most of the time its nothing like proof.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually prove.

There's really only one way to prove that 'dustbunnies' claim, do some test with and without the 'dustbunnies' while measuring CO levels, and they didnt actually do that.

Wrong, as always. Those are AFTER the burner, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, they are not written by people with axes to grind. They are writtien so that people don't hurt themselves.

Reply to
HeatMan

Fact is, there's no proof is doesn't backdraft through the non-working equipment. Air follows the path of least resistance, like the breeze through Nicks skull. commercial places I used to work at kept the doors open nearly year around...

Reply to
HeatMan

I hope it's an electric dryer. I want to get up there and try some of your BBQ

Reply to
HeatMan

According to Rod Speed :

You weren't on this coroner's jury, you don't know when or where it was held, and you're asserting what they did or didn't do?

In fact, it's _exactly_ what they did.

So what? Restricting the goesouta is exactly the same as restricting the goesinta - reduced airflow, incomplete combustion -> CO.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Chris Lewis wrote

Dont believe it.

So it doesnt affect what the burner gets, stupid.

Wrong, as always.

Wrong as always when its the OUTPUT thats restricted.

Fraid not.

Reply to
Rod Speed

According to Rod Speed :

That's okay, you're ignorant of chemistry too.

Of course it does. If the outlet is plugged, nothing comes in the inlet either - affecting what the burner gets.

You really are thick, aren't you?

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Chris Lewis wrote

Lying, again.

Doesnt happen with a dryer.

Wrong again with a dryer that aint sealed or anything like it.

Wrong again with CO.

No need to ask if you are a pathetic excuse for a bullshit artist.

The answer is obvious.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rod is wrong. He's also a "tar baby". The more you respond to him, the more you get covered with tar. Drop it already! He is not educatable, and he doesn't want to be.

Commodore Joe Redcloud

Reply to
Captain Joe Redcloud

Yep, it can work, as it has worked for me. BUT, see my post above. If you vent too much into the house at a time, you can cause major problems with your structure, as well as reduce the efficiency of the dryer (since the house air will be much more moisture-laden and the clothes won't dry as well). If you can spread your laundry to a load a day or less often, you could be OK. If you start getting condensation on the windows, you may be overdoing it. If the house insulation has no vapor barriers, you need to be careful (especially on the north or shaded sides, which never get sun-warmed, and therefore frozen moisture could remain all winter long.)

I know there are humidifiers for furnaces, but the indoor venting of a dryer has the potential to put huge amounts of moisture into the building in a very short time.

Reply to
websurf1

It appears I was wrong. Lawrence Wasserman provided the reason I was wrong. Now that he noted it, That is what I was referring to, I just had them mixed up.

In any case it appears you are more interested in proving someone wrong that in providing real useful information on the safety of the devices.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Joseph Meehan wrote

As always.

Still wrong with the claim that most if not all of them have those too.

Still wrong with the claim that most if not all of them have those.

Just your usual pathetic excuse for bullshit that you always end up having to resort to when you get done like a dinner, as always.

And like I said, if you are a pathetic neurotic, you can always have a CO detector. They cost peanuts.

Reply to
Rod Speed

OK, in just this thread, here are RS's complete contributions. Please note that there is essentially NO information added, no data, no anything of use. Disagreements galore, with no supporting statements. Mostly just simple retorts, one-line insults, and ad-hominem attacks. Ignore this dude. I feel sorry for him, but let's ignore him. (after this post, of course 8From over eating in spades.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff that doesnt explain why unvented natural gas room heaters work fine.

Your pathetic neurotic hangups are your problem.

Pity those circumstances dont occur in real life.

And you're welcome to add a CO sensor if you're that neurotic anyway.

Mindless pig ignorant waffle. Have fun explaining why its so rare with unvented natural gas room heaters.

Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually prove.

And it wouldnt happen with a dryer anyway, they have fans that most natural gas appliances dont.

[...]

Some gutless f****it desperately cowering behind DJ desperately attempted to bullsit its way out of its predicament and fooled absolutely no one at all, as always.

Dont burn anything at all, ever. I'm all electric thanks, child.

And its completely trivial to add a CO sensor if you're a neurotic too.

Not a shred of rocket science required at all.

Wrong.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Which burn much more gas than a drier does too.

Nope, those burnt coal gas, different animal entirely.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Because with unvented natural gas room heaters, its obviously not a risk or those would be banned. They arent. Because you silly little pig ignorant fantasy doesnt happen with them.

There is no code that bans unvented natural gas room heaters.

Thanks for that complete superfluous proof that you dont actually have a clue.

Bullshit when the codes first showed up.

And those that dont bother dont die like flys. Funny that.

Nope, nothing like.

And those that do that anyway dont die like flys.

Mainly because of the risk of fire while asleep.

Yep.

Dont need to test anything to realise that unvented natural gas room heaters violate no code.

Irrelevant to how many use unvented natural gas room heaters and who dont bother to test anything and survive fine.

Nope, FACT that unvented natural gas room heaters are perfectly legal and work fine.

That is just YOUR pig ignorant guess which happens to be just plain wrong.

Unvented natural gas room heaters violate no code.

Go and f*ck yourself.

Not even possible for someone as stupid as you.

How many unvented room heaters have a CO detector that shuts off the heater when it gets too high ?

You're wrong, as always.

Useless analogy. We know that people get thrown around in car accidents and that seatbelts help dramatically.

You just dont get people dying of CO with unvented natural gas heaters.

Yes, with dying due to the CO.

No need when unvented natural gas heaters dont produce that result.

In practice the air consumption is so small that its not worth worrying about. Houses just arent that well sealed.

Its not necessary.

Just how many of you are there between those ears, Meehan ?

Been jumping at bogeymen long, child ?

Yep, just like I do with unvented natural gas heaters too.

Have fun explaining unvented natural gas room heaters.

Lying, as always. Pity about the unvented natural gas room heaters.

Nope.

Bullshit. Have fun explaining why non vented natural gas heaters dont.

Nope.

Nope, nothing like. The computers are controlling for something different, stupid.

If you're that neurotic, best use just electricity, stupid.

I'm not silly enough to give anyone who smokes the bums rush.

Reply to
websurf1

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote

More of your pathological lying.

The FACT that the codes allow unvented natural gas room heaters PROVES that venting a dryer into the house is safe, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

See? He can't help it. More attempted insults, obscenities, etc. And not one single piece of information for the group.

Reply to
websurf1

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote

Lying, as always.

You cant actually be THAT thick, you must be a pathological liar.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Like hell it doesn't!

Rod, even *you* can't be that stupid, can you?

Wait... I retract my question. What in the hell was I thinking?

You are the biggest jerk to ever grace these two newsgroups with your inflated ego, to this very day. You should be so proud!

You are stupid. Incredibly stupid. Exponentionally stupid. You redefine stupid. You are flamebait to the googolplex. Come Christmas, you could make a fortune on eBay, selling dim bulbs and freshly tatted doilies.

Now go soak your head, and don't forget to flush!

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Some gutless f****it desperately cowering behind ~^Johnny^~ wrote just the pathetic excuse for a troll that any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Reply to