is venting your dryer to the house O.K in winter?

Page 5 of 9
Rod Speed wrote:

Unvented natural gas room heaters are designed to be unvented. Most dryers are not designed, nor approved, to exhaust into living areas.

Pathetic, really.

Pathetic, really.
Rod Speed wrote:

Not pathetic at all.

Not pathetic at all either. Perhaps you'd like to explain why you are making silly comments?

Completely pathetic.

Completely pathetic.

Pathetic, really.
Because he's a troll. The more you respond to him the more he likes it. You notice the OP is no longer here? He got the information he wantred and went away satisfied. This guy just likes stirring things up. Quit replying & he will go away. Rod is a waste of good bandwith. He will now flame me but he just wants attention. This is my last post. If we ignore him he will get bored and go away.
Save your efforts for someone who wants to learn something.
Stretch

Actually they have an OXYGEN DEPLETION sensor that shuts off the heater if the oxygen level falls too low to support proper combustion. Which makes sense when you think about it... Why freeze to death when you are dying of CO poisoning from that unvented dryer?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:22:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net (Lawrence Wasserman) wrote:

Keeps the corpse from smelling too bad...
DJ

Useless analogy. We know that people get thrown around in car accidents and that seatbelts help dramatically.
You just dont get people dying of CO with unvented natural gas heaters.

Yes, with dying due to the CO.

No need when unvented natural gas heaters dont produce that result.

In practice the air consumption is so small that its not worth worrying about. Houses just arent that well sealed.

Its not necessary.
Rod Speed wrote: xxx
It appears we are feeding a troll.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Just how many of you are there between those ears, Meehan ?
Been jumping at bogeymen long, child ?
snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu wrote:

hence what was said, INEFFICIENT combustion. Would you like to trust your life to your dryer's efficiency?

Yep, just like I do with unvented natural gas heaters too.
Well if venting the dryer indoors, how much would it raise the indoor relative humidity? Only from 40% to 60%? I should think it would be more than that...

Based on what? The depends on the number of loads of laundry, wetness of hte laundry, size of hte house, etc. No one can give an accurate number as it differs from household to household.
I would be a good idea to vent indoor if you get nose bleeds as I do in winter. Really low RH in my house during heating season.
James wrote:

Dear James and all 1. Use a humidifier and change the filter regularly. Your dry nose will get better, as mine did. 2. Use a clothes drying rack or two. The clothes last longer and smell fresher. 3. Use the clothes dryer briefly to "toast up" air-dried clothes before folding. Optionally use a "Bounce" and they will be nice and soft. Be frugal - one Bounce a month. Use old Bounce in your sock drawer. 4. Venting the clothes dryer inside the house will cause mould to grow between the walls. Then you will have to tear down your house, if you survive the ill health that mould causes.
In any case, using the dryer is not frugal living! Did you know that hydroelectricity is produced by burning coal? If you want to heat your house with electricity, do it by baking cookies!
Ammo
<snip>

And I suppose you think a coal fired power generation facility uses water to generate the electricty...
hydroelectric ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hdr--lktrk) adj. Generating electricity by conversion of the energy of running water. Of, relating to, or using electricity so generated.

DJ

Yeah, but I bet those rivers are running on burning coal. ;)
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

No, I believe rivers run on solar energy. It's part of that big thermal-evaporation-precipitation cycle.

1 load.

12 pounds of water.

A 2400 ft^2 average US house with 0.7 ACH, dried in H hours, with a 0.0025 outdoor humidity ratio.
Nick