Is this true about HD ????

Page 10 of 15
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:40:20 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Teddy liked dogs and you don't....right?

Wise words.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Sounds good, except in 1907 people of color couldn't use the same public toilet as white people, Irishmen could only get servant jobs, and women couldn't vote. Times change.

They probably "gained" it through Reagan's amnesty,that only fostered even MORE illegal immigration.Or thru being born to an illegal who birthed inside the US,making their child a citizen automatically;That scam has gotta change.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

I believe that 'scam' is the law of the land. Check out the 14th amendment.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I know it's law;it's time to amend the Constitution to change that;that the child must be born to US citizens to have US citizenship.
At the time that amendment was written,we didn't have the problem of illegal immigrants sneaking into the US so their babies born here would give -them- US citizenship.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

They are. A solider's child born in Germany is a U. S. citizen. Forget amending the Constitution.

Maybe Blackbeard, the pirate bred here before the War between the states. He didn't sneak around the coast, but plundered the opportunity...never considering citizenship.
Children born in the USA are documented. "If it ain't documented it didn't happen". Born on this soil or to a USA citizen on another soil gives you inherent rights.
Oren
Jim Yanik wrote:

So every parent will need to prove that they are US citizens to have their child accepted as a US citizen. It's beginning to sound more and more like a police state.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

FWIW, the US in one of the few countries in the world that automatically confers citizenship merely by born on our soil. Many require you to be born of citizen parent(s) before citizenship is a given. Hardly makes them a police state.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

It sounds like it to me.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Why? Either way seems pretty innocuous. Our way is probably based (unconsciously) on the idea that because it's such a big place, we can absorb lots of new citizens. Other countries don't have to see things the same way, although it's popular to not agree with that last idea.
"

Acutally the 14th amendment was a child of the Civil War and was originally put in place largely to avoid people playing games with the citizenship of freed slaves.

Then, that's enough to back up the idea that our method of granting citizenship to newborns is no better or worse than anyone else's. Except, of course, those evil Belgians. :)

Never said otherwise. As for Belgium.. what else could you expect:
"The reason the Earth has been shunned for so long is also due to a language problem. On Earth, Belgium refers to a small country. Throughout the rest of the galaxy, Belgium is the most unspeakably rude word there is." -HHGG

I know - it was the other guy - what's-his-name.
Doug Kanter wrote:

Say what you want, they make great waffles.
--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.

So Germany (which actually publishes the fact that 100,000 kids or so a year are born in the country but are not given automatic citizenship (see Germany's listing on justlanded.com for the figure), Belgium and even Mexico are police states?

Good then, let's keep it that way.
Joseph Meehan wrote:

I know what you mean. Damn fascists required me to produce TWO forms of ID to get my passport.
--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:04:09 -0500, clifto wrote:

Damn! ...and I had to show a certifed birth certificate to jet my job. ...but that was 30+ years ago.
--
Keith